16 replies to this topic

#16 mothergoose729

mothergoose729

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:43 AM

Thinking about ini editing that is recommended for STEP. Can STEP provide an ini that will be appropriate for most all systems? A program could be written to edit the users existing ini too' date=' but it would be a bit more complicated.[/quote']
I've coded a nice little ini editing tool.
In Python you can load ini files directly into an object.
The one I've made can read in an ini with custom settings and will change the original ini accordingly.

It works, but there isn't any exception handling/interface etc.

I was thinking about something that looks for specific strings in an existing ini, and only edits certain lines. This would allow the user to have an ini that differers in more ways from vanilla than STEP does. Just an example, I disable VATS in mine, which makes it so all kill moves are first person and in real time. Ideally that edit would still be there after the program runs, in addition to STEP recommended edits. You weren't specific about what yours does, it might have the same functionality, but that is where I was thinking about taking it. 

@z I will be sure to make a thread there when I get around to implementing that.

#17 MilesTeg

MilesTeg

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

yes, it parses the ini completely. You can read/write anything you want (sections, keys, values). it also adds sections and new keys. just no delete functionality yet (well, I would have to google the function - most probably a one-liner)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users