38 replies to this topic

#31 MilesTeg

MilesTeg

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 02:14 PM

if the STEP Guide goes DLC-only I wouldn't have a problem to follow with the tool. It would make maintenance of both easier.... Have just checked the prices... 20 € für the legendary edition, wow. Didn't have thought prices would drop that fast! As Aiyen points out that's VERY fair deal (even for owners of only one DLC!) Considering this I would vote for a DLC-only STEP guide! edit: thanks, z929669 for writing down some mods that need attention! I'm actually not that into skyrim modding lately (well, I even haven't played it for a while). And maintenance of a mod collection like STEP is a whole other beast altogether, kudos to tech (and the rest of the team) for working on this stuff. I have decided to keep out of those things, so I can concentrate on getting the tools done (you know, time and real life ;) ) But if someone can think of mods that needs attention concerning AutoSTEP, feel free to post them here - I'll take a look. about SRO: I still have to fight with myself about this... it gives a bitter taste from all I've read. I'm all for respecting the authors rights and IMHO Starac did a great job with the textures, so even if it's a "stupid" decision from my personal point of view, I'm not that well to include it fully into step (core!). It might also give problems with the nexus (don't know how harsh they react to torrent links). As z said some time ago in another thread it shouldn't be the STEP teams decision to make. Wich would lead me to a compromise: From what I've seen in TheCompilers batch file, he used the SRO mod at the very beginning and then copied over it. so it wouldn't be such a big problem to "semi"include SRO: *integrate support for SRO in STEP ( no problem, it's all just textures) *don't link to it but mention it (short explaination). As the user of STEP still has to download all mods by himself, he could easily google the torrent. imho thats the most reasonable way. Some rough text proposal (en is not my native tongue, so be warned ;) ): in Main step guide: The SRO texture pack 2k by Starac is still supported as part of STEP Core. The torrent link can easily be googled, but we won't provide a link for reasons (1) (1) is a Link to bottom or another page: "(1)SRO was a big texture mod by Starac. Unfortunately the creator has depublished his work. To respect the author AND the community, which critizised his decision we will still support the mod, but don't link to it. This way the choice has to make the choice made by the user of our guide - not by the STEP Team. For more Information see xx" (link to some more infos/article gopher vid?)

#32 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

STEP will only support all DLC moving forward. Those without one or more will need to acquire them for STEP. In other words, All DLC ar a prerequisite for STEP beginning with 2.2.8 I think (2.3.0 for certain though). RE SRO, I think that we can link to the torrent directly. Starac knows they are out there, and he has even pointed to them before himself. He does not support SRO any longer, and he does not advocate that it be supported on the Nexus or anywhere else officially. If Starac himself objects, then we will simply ask our users to Google it themselves. The ASI should support it though. It is a fundamental and essential mod for STEP:Core. Starac is on these forums, so he will speak up if he feels compelled either way, and we will respect his wishes.

#33 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,051 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 10:19 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll move forward with keeping all DLCs as a requirement for STEP. I should have the Core mods fully reviewed sometime tomorrow and will be updating the OP as need be with mods that need consensus.

#34 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,051 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

STEP will only support all DLC moving forward. Those without one or more will need to acquire them for STEP. In other words, All DLC ar a prerequisite for STEP beginning with 2.2.8 I think (2.3.0 for certain though).

RE SRO, I think that we can link to the torrent directly. Starac knows they are out there, and he has even pointed to them before himself. He does not support SRO any longer, and he does not advocate that it be supported on the Nexus or anywhere else officially.

If Starac himself objects, then we will simply ask our users to Google it themselves. The ASI should support it though. It is a fundamental and essential mod for STEP:Core. Starac is on these forums, so he will speak up if he feels compelled either way, and we will respect his wishes.

To which torrent source would be best to include on the Guide? Link?

EDIT:
Okay all Core mods should be ironed out and ready besides the two on the OP that are still awaiting more input.

#35 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,051 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:03 PM

Updated OP.

#36 phazer11

phazer11

Chatroom Supervisor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,287 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

I'd think the 1k+2k optimized one might be best. Unless there's a full 1k optimized version out there somewhere.

#37 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

STEP will only support all DLC moving forward. Those without one or more will need to acquire them for STEP. In other words, All DLC ar a prerequisite for STEP beginning with 2.2.8 I think (2.3.0 for certain though).

RE SRO, I think that we can link to the torrent directly. Starac knows they are out there, and he has even pointed to them before himself. He does not support SRO any longer, and he does not advocate that it be supported on the Nexus or anywhere else officially.

If Starac himself objects, then we will simply ask our users to Google it themselves. The ASI should support it though. It is a fundamental and essential mod for STEP:Core. Starac is on these forums, so he will speak up if he feels compelled either way, and we will respect his wishes.

To which torrent source would be best to include on the Guide? Link?

EDIT:
Okay all Core mods should be ironed out and ready besides the two on the OP that are still awaiting more input.

Link is at top of my earlier post in this thread. Optimal is best ... the torrent also describes in detail what was done in terms of optimization. Basically a combination of SRO 1.6 1k and 2k textures without any DDSopt-imization, as Starac's texture formats are all clean.

#38 MilesTeg

MilesTeg

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:49 AM

Nice, testing asap

#39 MilesTeg

MilesTeg

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

STEP:Core Mods - list of filenames
A list of the downloaded files, necessary for a STEP Core install:
http://wiki.step-pro...f_all_core_mods
(currently only fixes, interface, graphics)

a new spreadsheet up with more meta-infos (and unfinished sections G - M): https://docs.google....YlE&usp=sharing

I have only updated my STEP Core file list for sections D to F using the strict recommendations tech added for 1.2.7+. Everything beyond F isn't adjusted yet. Feel free to comment/find errors :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users