Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

kinda project website: http://wiki.step-project.com/SASTEP
git hub: https://github.com/MilesTeg81/tools
spreadsheet (google docs): https://docs.google....UVE&usp=sharing

In this thread I'll document my work in progress.

NEWS
  • 12-23-2013 worked a bit on the MO-python plugin interface. A small MO-Howto can be found here: http://wiki.step-pro...r_PythonPlugins
  • 12-22-2013 Updated my core mod files. Will soon update the spreadsheet.
  • 12-16-2013 Just got my hands on the new Mod Organizer 1.0.11. Meta info queries for files should work now. I'll update my downloads ASAP.
  • 12-11-2013 Did some (very) BORING, but necessary work in Excel (see link above) - helps to keep an overview of all the sources that need to be combined. A script will do that work later on, but for now it'll do. Hopefully next time I'll get to the fun part (writing config files for ASI and running a first batch of mods :) )
  • made a list of the core mods, where I have access to meta files. Unfortunately nexus has problems and compatibility with MO seems damaged for now :(
  • huge progress! created a tool that can compare filestructures of two directories. Should be no problem to get the output working with MGs ASI tool!
  • A tool that reads in .meta files and generates md5 hash for the archive file. Output is a .csv file. All of my released code is still buggy, so be very careful if you try it out!
  • I have released a simple BCF reader, using Wrye Bash Code. More tools are on the way.
  • release of bookmark generator for STEP Core:
  • Did some funny python code that converts the wiki data into a bookmarks.html for firefox :)
    Posted Image

lets get the modding party started!
    [list]
  • Building some more infrastructure: SA-STEP Spreadsheet (will publish most recent mod lists)
  • git is ready, I just need to get started coding ;)

• Define and assemble a list of all archives (filename and checksum) that'll be used for the STEP core installation (on hold till it gets clear if there isn't an automnated way of doing it)
  • (parallel to #1) get a working tool that returns the changed filestructure as config file for MG's ASI. (WIP!)
  • looking for a way to use syrep for this (see official website + batch scripts in the Mod Merge thread for info)
  • writing my own python script (cause it's fun and might be easier for this specific task than a general tool)
  • walking through file structure - done
  • writing files and folders - WIP
  • creating checksum - WIP

#2 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:23 PM

Use SMW to define a list of current STEP:Core Mods by NexusID, then use some variation of Tannin's py script (see under "step_transfer") to grab archive names and other info from the Nexus to build your list.

I am working on the wiki syntax to print a list of relevant Nexus IDs now. Time for Thanksgiving though ....
EDIT: See link above

#3 MilesTeg

MilesTeg

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

happy thanksgiving :)

problem is this tool is outdated. it uses an API from tesnexus.com times: http://skyrim.axel.tesnexus.com/Mods/

dead end imho

next stop / revisit: MO source: http://sourceforge.n...i/default/tree/

organizer:
- nxmaccessmanager.cpp nexus login/cookies
- downloadmanager.cpp
- line 464: void DownloadManager::queryInfo(int index)
line 68 nexusinterface.h (!)
  /**
   * @brief request a list of the files belonging to a mod
   * @param modID id of the mod caller is interested in
   * @param userData user data to be returned with the result
   * @param url the url to request from
   **/
  void requestFiles(int modID, QVariant userData,
                    const QString &url = MOBase::ToQString(MOShared::GameInfo::instance().getNexusInfoUrl()));
cpp:
 int NexusInterface::requestFiles(int modID, QObject *receiver, QVariant userData, const QString &url)
{
  NXMRequestInfo requestInfo(modID, NXMRequestInfo::TYPE_FILES, userData, url);
  m_RequestQueue.enqueue(requestInfo);
  connect(this, SIGNAL(nxmFilesAvailable(int,QVariant,QVariant,int)),
          receiver, SLOT(nxmFilesAvailable(int,QVariant,QVariant,int)), Qt::UniqueConnection);

connect(this, SIGNAL(nxmRequestFailed(int,QVariant,int,QString)),
          receiver, SLOT(nxmRequestFailed(int,QVariant,int,QString)), Qt::UniqueConnection);

nextRequest();
  return requestInfo.m_ID;
}
NXMRequestInfo: struct that contains the request what you want from nexus
more interesting signal nxmFilesAvailable in downloadmanager.cpp

also: requestFiles for meta infos per file

todo: invoke this function directly
probably has to be some kind of handshake/cookie setup first... :/

might do this another day. haven't got a visual c++ / qt IDE installed yet...

#4 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

Happy Thanksgiving indeed ... just now getting over my gluttony ... OK, I did not know that the old py script was obsolete now. However, I coded the SMW necessary to allow a query of the current Nexus ID (or relevant source ID) of the STEP:Core mods (see first link in my prev post). This will give you the unique lookup for getting the archive names from the source. There is still the issue of picking the correct name where there is more than one mod associated with the ID.

#5 MilesTeg

MilesTeg

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

nice, thx alot! I'll check it out and add it to the spreadsheet: https://docs.google....UVE&usp=sharing

#6 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

did you make the 'funny' py code available. I'd like to check it out and get the result in FF. I see you are working on the MO plugin? Glad you are still charging ahead. Also, s4n replied on the other thread as to how we can get the Nexus ID order list for Core mods by release. Let me know what you need.

#7 MilesTeg

MilesTeg

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

did you make the 'funny' py code available. I'd like to check it out and get the result in FF.

I see you are working on the MO plugin? Glad you are still charging ahead.

Also, s4n replied on the other thread as to how we can get the Nexus ID order list for Core mods by release.

Let me know what you need.

sure, give it a try: https://github.com/M...teCoreBookmarks

And yes, I figured out how to make a plugin - wasn't that hard after all ;) It's nothing fancy, but it looks much friendlier than a command line tool :)

see other thread for reply about s4ns code

#8 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:20 AM

Thanks!

It seems like the Git and notes from this post should be in the OP ... also, wondering if we could get the working alpha included in the Git and show any forks of this project properly? Sorry if this is allready the case and I am missing something. Just saw that MTeg's git for SASTEP only contains readme ...

#9 MilesTeg

MilesTeg

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 07:26 AM

yes, the git is unsorted and doesn't include the alpha and thread posts need an update. I will update it asap, but christmas/new year wants to be celebrated ;) The alpha dl is currently just a script and therefor human readable.

#10 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • 9,250 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

OK, no hurry, just wanted to confirm status ;)

#11 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Just stumbled across this thread. Awesome work!

#12 d3v

d3v

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

Any news on the auto installer?

Why can't you just upload a 20gb torrent of the MO directory structure so we can just unpack it and play?

#13 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:54 PM

Any news on the auto installer?

Why can't you just upload a 20gb torrent of the MO directory structure so we can just unpack it and play?

I suggest you read this tab of the STEP Community Citizenship guide.

#14 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:12 PM

Maybe someday I'll learn to code and do this. It shouldn't be too hard.

#15 appelemac

appelemac

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:09 AM

@Kelmych

So if I understand the guide, It is not allowed to re-upload mods anywhere. 

I found the downloading somewhat taxing, and created a java applet that would download the nexusmods automatically from their file server, going through a text file with the links and names, creating a downloads folder in the process. Would this be a breach of the rules?

I've already created the framework, but not the text files, of which I have just a sample. Seems like a waste to write the text if I'm not going to upload it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users