Animated clutter (by JackMorris)

rootsrat

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both meshes from this mod conflict with USKP (it also provides meshes for falmer chests).

How do they conflict?

What changes did USKP bring to the falmer chests?  It didn't animate them, as far as I can tell.

EDIT: Never-mind, I just checked the change log for version 1.2.7

Locked containers that are not animated will not open when picked, requiring a second activation to open them. In the vanilla game, the only 3 container base objects affected are TreasFalmerChestEMPTY, TreasFalmerChest, and TreasFalmerChestBoss. The two meshes used by these 3 objects also needed a dummy animation added on (falmercontainer.nif, falmercontainer02.nif). (Bug #9714)

Of course, I haven't seen the animated fix myself in game, but I assume that something else overwrote those files. Anything in STEP that comes to mind?

I have the mod in my load order. I'll report any issues if and when I come across it in my play through. Based on what swift fox posted though, if it makes the "unlock bug" come back, I think that is a fair trade off for the animation personally. It did always seem weird to me that there was no animation.

• 2 weeks later...

The mod was renamed to Animated Clutter, and now includes (version 1.4)

- Falmer chest and tribal falmer chest opening/closing

- Doors in Windhelm Gray Quarters now animate when opening

- satchel, knapsack animates when opening/closing

- trapdoor to the basement in your home if you have Hearthfires is now animated when opening

- large ships, katariah have idle animation There is minor clipping with objects on ships, since they don’t move

- spider sack

- ship trap door

- riften sewer hole

And a note from the author:

The spider sack looks a bit different, because the inner part is now visible. Take a look at the screenshot. I suggest updating all the meshes that you want from this pack (1.4), since I forgot to update tangent space in the previous release.

I haven't tried them all yet, but it sounds cool - and there are a few animated GIFs on the mod page. I am not convinced about the ships, as another mod tried to do it before (one of the water mods) and it didn't look cool when the boat rocked, but all the stuff on the deck remained static... The other ones are worth trying I think.

• 1 month later...