1st person skeleton (view height)

jakeslim

Question

Does anyone here know of a good 1st person skeleton view height fix? I get so sick of people towering over me in 1st person only to see that I'm as tall/taller than them in 3rd person! Especially as I use Height Adjusted Races With True Giants (https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7587/?)... I've come across a couple but for some reason they turn me off as always needing some extra fussing around such as reinstalling for each new character etc.

EDIT: I know that HARwTG has a 1st person skeleton fix, but the manual installation stuff is a little murky for me as someone who is far from an expert on this stuff. So if anyone more experienced has a view I'd be interested to hear it.

PS: HARwTG is a really great mod - I play on a "nearly legit" STEP setup and it works great, although I seem to remember I had to make a few overrides into my merged patch to get over some conflicts it created. So I'm glad to see on the separate mod thread here that it looks like it might be re-included in STEP.

5 answers to this question

I agree, xpms skeleton is a wonderful mod to have installed.  It shouldn't conflict with most skeleton and animation related mods (in fact the only conflict I've ever seen is something to do with left handed visible rings), and if using in conjunction with FNIS then most if not all bugs can be ironed out.  It fixed the first person camera height for me and I can still use mods that alter the first person camera such as headbobbing.

I'm moving this to a more appropriate home.

Sorry to post in the wrong place, haven't used these forums much as you can see by my post count.

The thing is, I have installed XP32 skeletons as part of my step install as I'm also using Dual Sheaths Redux which works great (although does give me a lot of "errors" in my papyrus log). Is it possible I installed it incorrectly?