OBSE will not load when launching with MO

DiscipleDarkfriend

Question

Hello all you wonderful people :)

I am hoping that someone may know what is causing the issue I am having. When I launch Oblivion steam goty edition OBSE does not load and my mods just spam me with you need OBSE, If I launch the game standard through steam OBSE works fine.

In game community is on in steam but does not show in game, I have tried changing load mechanisms as well still no help >.< I can't run Oblivion though MO atm and would really like to get to the bottom of this. Please and Thank you in advance

• Answers 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Yea I didn't have that, now I do in my oblivion folder.

same CTD though, even if I try to run obse loader.exe through MO. I'm no expert but pretty sure Oblivion and OBSE work through steam with the obse_steam_loader.dll found in all recent versions of OBSE.

The purpose of the "obse loader.exe" confuses me. I know originally it was only for retail version Oblivion and you could start the game with it to use OBSE. Later on someone developed a better one that you could apparently use with steam (though i wasnt modding at the time so I did not try it out).

But if I try to run your obse loader.exe from my oblivion folder it just makes the "you gotta run Oblivion through steam" message. Otherwise no easily noticed effects. 

Edited by Coyote

sorry to bring this back to life, but I have come into a new issue.  I have made a guide on how to get OBSE and darn UI working with MO so I know majority of the work arounds and this problem only surfaced since my newest modding rebirth. 

if you want to see all the work arounds I have used encase you think there is one I missed.  However back to the problem, when I launch my game with the app launch code in the executable it does not load any of the mods I have enabled in Mod organizer. https://i.imgur.com/WW4elBc.png I have tested it by hard installing the obse tester to see if OBSE works and it does. For some reason however like I said no mods show up ingame or in the data file selection.  This is quite strange because I did literally the same exact process I did in my video and in this forum. I have double checked now with fresh installs and it still persists. My only thought process is that because I am using the most recent version of MO V2.0.7.  Anyone have any insight on this?

I fixed the data folder in the in parameter, it did not change anything as expected. The mod I have loaded is an ESP not a obse plugin. If it were a plugin it would not load into the data folder in the launcher if installed manually anyway. Unless you mean mods that require OBSE which has worked in the past.

I don't use mo 2.0, I feel that it needs a little more work. There are a few things that could be going on.

The oblivion launcher may be hooking by the normal mod organizer method which then breaks when the game is launched. This can be fixed by using the script extender hook instead. This places an obse plugin into the real data folder.

Does the file not exist?

your speaking of the load mechanism in the settings right? i have it set to script extender, but it did not create an actual hook. I guess I will try installing MO 1.whatever the most recent one is and see if it actual creates the plugin.

so the problem seems to be directly MO 2.0.7. It does not work even after having the hook put in by M.O 1.w/e. However 1.w/e works exactly like I expect it to. So not sure what causes the problem, but MO 2.0.7 does not work with any method I tried troubleshooting with.  I guess what I original thought was indeed the problem. 

Sad, bot now I'm having the same issue. Seems like MO doesn't even hook w/e it should anymore. Though it was perfectly fine before. I've decided to play Oblivion again and I've just copied my saved Oblivion folder as I did before - nothing works. Mods installed using WB work, manually installed - work, installed through MO - don't and OBSE will not load that way :( I start thinking may be that's because of some Steam update?

Sad, bot now I'm having the same issue. Seems like MO doesn't even hook w/e it should anymore. Though it was perfectly fine before. I've decided to play Oblivion again and I've just copied my saved Oblivion folder as I did before - nothing works. Mods installed using WB work, manually installed - work, installed through MO - don't and OBSE will not load that way :( I start thinking may be that's because of some Steam update?

Alrighty, the hook.dll from MO v1.2.14 works, I'll keep searching for the latest hook.dll that actually works. Very strange though...