Requiem Extended

Important: This pack's development is currently on hold in favor for a new, unified Requiem pack bundling all ranges of desired Requiem setups in one go. This also reflects that a lot of former extended mods went into core, making an extra extended pack redundant.

I am currently working with Smilie44 on this, he is the author of the base Requiem pack. If you are interested in helping you are welcome to join.

Requiem Extended Pack

(wiki page is still under construction)

Currently for STEP 2.2.7 by this community, Requiem 1.7.3 by Ogreboss and Xarrian and either version of Requiem Hard Times 1.32 by Azirok (requiring his resources 1.11). You also need the DLCs and their Requiem Patches by Azirok (Dawnguard is supported by base Requiem).

The goal of this pack is to include as many STEP extended mods as feasible using compatibility patches. This is a work in progress. Requiem is such an extended overhaul that using it with a large set of mods will probably always be a little experimental. But T5E conflicts should be solved and testing should be done. Also note that this is probably requiring high end hardware.

This is what I got so far using Requiem, Requiem Hard times (the USKP only version should be fine too) and the Requiem DLC patches. Other non STEP mods will be added as optional add-ons later, things like Falskaar, Wyrmstooth, OBIS, Frostfall, CWO, DCO, SkyTest, Immersive Creatures, Immersive Patrols and lighting overhauls. There are still lots of comments on the different mods since this is beta and I'm trying to present as much information/thoughts as possible to help development.

You should first install all STEP mods referring to the 2.2.7 guide doing the changes described here. Unless you want to test something specific do not install mods under the "Changes to the extended install category" except for AOS+Patches and Smart Souls.

The wiki page is still under construction. Please refer to the wiki about what changes to make for the STEP:Extended install. Load order and patch instructions still have to be done, use the ones provided here. Please notify me of any errors you can find or improvement suggestions. The information in this post will be cleared up when the wiki is done.

Some development notes on mod compatibility:

There are some mods that I left out for now, but maybe compatibility is desirable. My last modding attempts where for Morrowind in 2005, I can't do much more then compatibility patching with T5E. Mods in this list are beyond my skills to make compatible:

- Run for your Lives (Requiem gives dragons an aura of fear making NPCs run, but maybe Run for your Lives has a bigger scope here and is a desirable replacement)

- Skyrim Coin Replacer (from my T5E observations this mod seems to only be partially covered by Requiem. If you load it before Requiem and bash patch it's leveled lists, it shouldn't seriously break anything. There might be some loot inconsistencies though. This should take less effort to fix then the above two examples)

- Weapon and Armor Fixes (like Skyrim Coin Replacer it messes with the big picture of Requiem, someone who is more into the Requiem balance might want to take a look at this and see if it's desirable to integrate some changes. Update: Maybe Azirok is willing to include it in his Hard Times, I think it would fit the scope of his mods)

The following mod needs testing (see end of this post):

- The Choice is Yours (load before Requiem if testing)

One mod still conflicts, load before Requiem:

- More Salt Please (I didn't make it compatible because Requiem actually removes the Salt from the vendor More Salt Please touches. I decided to go with Requiem's inventory)

Mods forwarded by the patch (see attachment):

- Radiant and Unique Potions (v.2)

- Animated Weapon Enchants (v 1.14)

- Improved Close Faced Helmets (v 0.9 complete)

- Explosive Bolts Visualized (v 1.0.2)

- Elemental Staffs (v 1.1)

- Bring out your dead (v 1.2.2)

- Diverse Priests (v 2)

- Dawnguard Rewritten Arvak (v 1.1.1)

- Lantern Caretakers (v 1.0)

- Consistent Older People (v 1.8 BOYD compatible loose assets)

- Guard Dialogue Overhaul (v 1.301)

Load order:

Let Boss handle the load order. Use the user list manager to place the patches in the following order:

STEP+Extended+Patch Chopped.esp

Requiem Extended Patch.esp

Requiem Hard Times Addon Patch.esp (if using Hard Times)

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

I also recommend Safety Load by Kapaer. You will probably need it.

Update: There are some known issues with Safety Load, like crashing menus. I'd advise to use the new Skyrim Memory Patch 3.0 instead. There are compiled versions floating around and we will probably see a new SKSE alpha incorporating the patch in a few days.

Please note that I did only very sporadic testing in game. What I did was a T5E check and a WB installer check for file conflicts, not much more. But by the nature of STEP mods I think this is good practice and shouldn't miss anything serious (please let me know if you find anything, especially script conflicts). The patch mostly forwards BOYD scripts, some keywords and visuals. So nothing complex or fancy.

Unless I missed something all the STEP 2.2.7 mods not listed here showed no esp or file conflict. I consider them compatible until a conflict is reported.

Thanks in advance for any contribution!

Since I'm still waiting for my GPU, I cannot test things in game at the moment. If you are willing to help there are 2 things that needed testing. It would really help if you were willing to see into this:

1. Does "The Choice is Yours" break the Faendal & Sven quest if installed before Requiem? (if the answer is no, it should be fully compatible!)

2. Are there visual oddities with Explosive Bolts Visualized? Requiem adds a new explosive bolt, it might look off compared to the others. I will probably make it look like the visualized explosive bolt that fits best, suggestions are welcome (and ID's too).

Requiem Extended Patches Beta 0.2.7z

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only a single entry for Lantern Caretakers. If I remember right it's the only worldspace record in the patch (you can just delete it using T5E, then rightclick on the mod and use the update masters function).

If I broke the patch down it would mean I'd need almost 20 different patches since you can produce so many combinations with Bring out your dead, Diverse Priests and Consistent Older People. They all have overlapping edits and I want to keep a USKP Requiem and a Hard Times version.

[edit] I just noticed it's not that easy (while trying to chop EssArrBee's STEP Extended patch), T5E won't load if the master isn't there. Did the edit for you, see attachments :)

Requiem Extended Patch Chopped.7z

Dang, I'll look into it.

Another thing I have a wonky feeling about are explosive bolts visualized. If someone comes around them and could do a quick test it would be really nice.

[edit] Should be fixed now. Those Guard Helmets will be missing some keywords Requiem introduced to them though, this may break something else. Maybe Improved Closefaced Helmets needs to be patched using the CS :(

[edit2]Doublechecked with Ogerboss, the patch doesn't break anything and seems to work with Improved Closefaced Helmets. Checking on Explosive Bolts still required.

I'm currently working on a chopped STEP Extended patch to forward all the non Requiem related stuff as EssArrBee's patch includes some mods no longer included in this pack.

[edit3]I updated EssArrBee's patch for this setup. I didn't remove the guard dialogue overhaul parts as of yet because I'm still planning for a patch. Consider this a nightly release, it's not tested or double checked but I thought maybe someone is interested in trying it out this weekend.

I've also decided on the Consistent Older People esp to use, will be included in the patch soonish.

Note: I changed some parts of the patch to fit Realistic Water Two as that's probably going to be the water mod for the next STEP version.

[edit4]Consistent older people is now included, download the BOYD compatible version! I took a second look at all the patches, there shouldn't be major pitfalls anymore. At this point I need feedback and help to further improve the pack and it's patches.

OP forgot to state that Enhanced Blood and Burn Freeze & Shock Effects are currently not included in the patches (reasons in the OP).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still relatively new to STEP modding, and I've been trying to figure out how to get a functional Requiem install with at least STEP core. I'm a little confused about your patch. If I'm correct this is essentially a compatibility patch for every mod from STEP core 2.2.7 that is able to be used with Requiem, and it removes the ones that aren't?

This is for STEP Extended, and is still a work in progress AFAIK. If you want to work with CORE Step then just add the Base Requiem pack after Core Step. Options exist for a survival pack and weather and lighting pack which all work well together.

So look for those packs in the Packs section of this site. There are a lot of unnecessary mods in STEP extended IMHO for a gameplay overhaul such as Requiem and it is really important to keep the esp. count as small as possible to avoid all sorts of potential problems. That said I have not tested this so the patch plus the changes mentioned could easily work well together but I doubt that mods like IP, SIC etc will work so well with such a big load order.

:)

First: Thanks for the reply, I've been reading your threads on it, and going through the packs as well. Trying to figure out exactly what I need for the load I want.

What is the difference between STEP Core and STEP extended, and where can I see them? Is STEP extended just everything on the STEP page, including the stuff that isn't tagged with Green?

Also, I should clarify: While I am new to STEP, I am not new to modding or to heavily modded games. I've previously had stable loads with 150+ mods, for more 100+ hours. I strongly prefer immersion/survival mods (Frostfall and RND are must haves for me on every playthrough) and in general, I like anything that enhances the core game. Which is how I found STEP. I've just never tried installing an overhaul as massive as Requiem that wasn't entirely modular. I have experience using SkyRe and ERSO but I grew tired of SkyRe's drastically different interpretation of combat, and ERSO doesn't change enough of the way the game itself plays. So I was attracted to Requiem since, as I understand, it turns the game into a brutal slog reminiscent of Demon Souls where every decision in combat is important, and tactical approaches to situations are not just encouraged, but mandatory.

The main thing that's been holding me back is the pack description pages have been a little confusing as to what I should have installed prior to them. For instance, your Requiem Pack says to install step core and then it lists two mods from the core not to install. It then lists compatibility patches for several mods that aren't part of the STEP core, but that also aren't on the Requiem Pack list. And while it's apparent that I should be installing the mods for those patches first (obvious to anybody who's done any significant modding), it was a bit confusing at first since I couldn't find them in STEP Core. I just want to make sure that I get the load stable and install them in the order that will cause the least problems. It doesn't help that I am also learning how to use MO/Wyrebash for the first time. I've been using nothing but NMM and TES5Edit up to this point. Still confused as to the difference between a bash patch and a merged patch(from TES5Edit) and why I might need both.

Requiem Extended Pack

(wiki link will follow when I'm compfortable with a beta release)

Currently for STEP 2.2.7 by this community, Requiem 1.7.3 by Ogreboss and Xarrian and either version of Requiem Hard Times 1.11 by Azirok.

The goal of this pack is to include as many STEP extended mods as feasible using compatibility patches. This is a work in progress. Requiem is such an extended overhaul that using it with a large set of mods will probably always be a little experimental. But T5E conflicts should be solved and testing should be done.

This is what I got so far using Requiem, Requiem Hard times (the USKP only version should be fine too) and the Requiem DLC patches. Other non STEP mods will be added as optional add-ons later, things like Falskaar, Wyrmstooth, OBIS, Frostfall, CWO, DCO, SkyTest, Immersive Creatures, Immersive Patrols and lighting overhauls.

(snip)

- Mods touching soul gems. I'm waiting for the soul gem solution in the next step version and see how things go from there. But I assume it will come down to Smart Souls yes or no.

Smart Souls seems to be the one that S.T.E.P. is leaning towards.  Fixes as well as doesn't add an extra plugin.

(snip)

First: Thanks for the reply, I've been reading your threads on it, and going through the packs as well. Trying to figure out exactly what I need for the load I want.

What is the difference between STEP Core and STEP extended, and where can I see them? Is STEP extended just everything on the STEP page, including the stuff that isn't tagged with Green?

Also, I should clarify: While I am new to STEP, I am not new to modding or to heavily modded games. I've previously had stable loads with 150+ mods, for more 100+ hours. I strongly prefer immersion/survival mods (Frostfall and RND are must haves for me on every playthrough) and in general, I like anything that enhances the core game. Which is how I found STEP. I've just never tried installing an overhaul as massive as Requiem that wasn't entirely modular. I have experience using SkyRe and ERSO but I grew tired of SkyRe's drastically different interpretation of combat, and ERSO doesn't change enough of the way the game itself plays. So I was attracted to Requiem since, as I understand, it turns the game into a brutal slog reminiscent of Demon Souls where every decision in combat is important, and tactical approaches to situations are not just encouraged, but mandatory.

The main thing that's been holding me back is the pack description pages have been a little confusing as to what I should have installed prior to them. For instance, your Requiem Pack says to install step core and then it lists two mods from the core not to install. It then lists compatibility patches for several mods that aren't part of the STEP core, but that also aren't on the Requiem Pack list. And while it's apparent that I should be installing the mods for those patches first (obvious to anybody who's done any significant modding), it was a bit confusing at first since I couldn't find them in STEP Core. I just want to make sure that I get the load stable and install them in the order that will cause the least problems. It doesn't help that I am also learning how to use MO/Wyrebash for the first time. I've been using nothing but NMM and TES5Edit up to this point. Still confused as to the difference between a bash patch and a merged patch(from TES5Edit) and why I might need both.

My packs work on the assumption that you are using Mod Organiser. It allows you to have different profiles with different mod lists and you can easily move mods around. BOSS Userlist Manager is also crucial as it allows you to make alterations to the load order.

NMM is really not recommended on STEP because it does not allow you to easily make changes.  I would advise you to get familiar with Skyrim revisited as a means of learning how to use MO, BUM and Wyre Bash alongside TES5Edit. The Creation Kit is not needed so much now but is worth having on your system just in case. Learn to use MO tons of support for that on here, it is easy to learn and once you start using it you will likely never touch NMM again. Then my instructions will make more sense to you. That said i realise that I have not stated that I am assuming knowledge and use of MO - I will change that now.

The reason for not installing certain Step mods is that they conflict with and or are already incorporated into Requiem. STEP core are just the mods with the Green flag, Extended is all the others.

Hope this helps.

:)

Exactly that :)

The philosophies of core/extended inclusion differ a little, short version: extended is allowed do differ a little more from vanilla while core mostly contains only essentials that feel like they should have been in the game in the first place.

@Deathneko:

Thanks!

@Smile44:

This is definitely for high end systems. I will add a note to the OP!

I got a new patch version including Guard Dialogue Overhaul on my PC. Azirok said it would only needing simple T5E keyword forwarding. When I get time (probably the week after christmas) I will go over the patch again to double check everything, build a wiki, start a version number with changelog and update a few things in the OP, then it's probably time for beta.

Since I sold my GPU a few days ago and still waiting for my new one which will arrive on 15.1. due to the shortage on the marked I cannot test anything atm (I'm currently on geforce 9). But again, the kinds of mods in the setup are either well tested (e.g. wet and cold, wearable lanterns) or script free, so the T5E patch should work.

God, I hope this whole STEP system can help me build a proper modded Skyrim. I've never followed it properly before and have always more-or-less just thrown any old mods I wanted together, stirred 'em all with BOSS, and hoped for the best. But I'm absolutely tired of my games (which appear to work fine for a while) eventually exploding. Just had my latest Requiem-based character mess up (stamina system just suddenly not working). I'm sure I'm doing something wrong or including mods I shouldn't.

Really glad to see info on Requiem specific instructions and advice! Hopefully following them will help.