Requiem Extended

That one is from candle lanterns of the north. I cannot find that mod on the nexus, guess I have to redo the patch now.

[edit]Done! This was much quicker then I thought. I should have done it earlier. Wiki page has been updated, I will update the post installation instructions and patches soonish.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Spock, thanks for sharing your work on this - I'm currently trying to install a similar setup (see also my post here which I unfortunately posted before realising that your extended pack had moved on a whole lot since I first saw it and I should have probably posted in this thread).

Anyway, a quick one: do you know if Requiem also includes a version of NPC reduced distance greetings? From what I can see in TES5Edit it does seem to, so I think I'm going to remove reduced distance greetings from my mod list.

(FYI, Requiem and NPCRDG seem to add a new Game Setting which isn't in Skyrim.esm relating to minimum distance before an NPC greets the player: Requiem sets the value to 70, and NPCRDG sets it to 90 [i'm using the "slightly reduced" version])

Thanks for the find! I must have overlooked it because T5E doesn't show a conflict here.

Yep, you can probably drop that mod. The distance will be reduced even more, but personally I don't care enough to use another plugin. I will add this to the wiki.

Hi again Spock. I've got my game up and running nicely now last few days. Just a couple of questions/observations based on your guide as I have only used it sporadically when going about my own install (I think we are both aiming for something quite similar actually):

* Convenient Horses: you say that Requiem includes some of the improvements included in this mod. Can you expand on the features which are included? In fact can you recommend the best place to read full features of Requiem? I have the manual but there are many things I'm finding which aren't covered. In any case, I didn't realise Convenient Horses wasn't necessary so left it installed, and sure enough the functionality doesn't work in game. Guess I will have to clean save and remove, or maybe just start a new character (only really testing things out atm)

* Lock overhaul: I left this installed as I love it. Primarily because the vanilla mechanics restrict access to high-level loot (if locked somewhere), locked areas, etc. only to those characters who decide to train lockpicking. No good. What I have done so far is used the MCM settings to enable lock-bashing for combat types and magic unlocking for mages while leaving the lockpicking feature disabled. This way it should complement Requiem's changes without overriding them. Do you think this could be a problem down the line?

* Soul gems differ: I left this in my install and just patched over the new names from this mod. Haven't tested any soul gem functionality yet though so not sure if it will break anything. I'm thinking it could be ok as SGD is basically a visual change. Could be some issues with the hard times mod though... Will let you know if/when I test this.

* More salt - I just removed this as it's not much use with Requiem. I use "no salt" mod instead which just removes need for salt from meat cooking recipies and has no Requiem conflicts.

* BOYD - I ended up just removing this from my install but I can't remember why!! I have notes at home and can check later, but basically I think it was because of numerous conflicts which weren't worth it to me as it's a "nice to have but not essential" mod (in my view I mean).

Hey again spock. I'm having a conflict in markarth during a test-build to just get everything stable (using only requiem and step core at the moment). The conflict in Markarth appears to be tied to Vigilant Tyranus, and is between the USKP and Requiem (this is causing my game to crash upon entering the markarth world cell). I read on your wiki article and on the forum here something about a Requiem-USKP patch, but I can't seem to find it currently. It's not in the patches on the first forum post (or if it is, I am confused as to which one it is). Anything you could do to clear up where I get the Requiem-USKP patch would be awesome. Thanks!

Thank you for your detailed report! It's not easy to get a full view of Requiem's features. What I know is a combination of testing, Nexus comments, Youtube videos and T5E conflict resolution. I didn't read the full manual as I (like you) didn't find it too helpful for a full feature list. It's more geared towards people who wish to know how to play Requiem rather then extended conflict resolution.

Convenient Horses does have some features on top of Requiem, but Requiem incorporates two key features: combat behavior and saddlebags. I honestly don't know exactly how to make Convenient Horses features show up in Requiem. But since a good portion of it's features is covered by Requiem I simply decided to go with what Ogerboss and Xarrian had in mind.

BOYD has an extensive list of conflicts because both Requiem and BOYD touch a lot of NPC records. It's rather easy (but at times tedious and time consuming because of the sheer amount of records) to resolve though, just copy over the BOYD scripts to the Requiem entries.

Well, I think there is a reason why you either have to learn alteration or lockpicking in order to open locks in Requiem. It changes game balance if you haven't. But of course if you prefer it that way feel free to use it.

@ Pirate:

Like Jake already pointed out Azirok has a Requiem USKP version available. Hard Times also incorporates USKP. Are you sure the issue is USKP related? If yes, it would be great if you could file a conflict report over hat the Requiem Nexus boards (there is a conflict thread, maybe you could point out Azirok's patch as resolution if it helped you). A game crashing USKP conflict seems very important to know about.

I will do just that. I managed to fix it in the short term by creating a merged patch (had to create the merged patch in order to even get near him, and his custom requiem gear was all messed up, like it was trying to reference multiple textures) and disabling the character that was causing the conflict (Vigilant Tyranus). To the best of my ability to determine, USKP and Requiem were the only files that were affecting the character, and both make alterations to his faction id. Requiem also makes alterations to his gear, possibly through interaction with the leveled list.

Thanks for letting me know where the USKP-Requiem compatibility patch is, because I was unable to find it on my own. Azirok is a great author who has done a lot for requiem support. I'll use that and test the earlier save to see if the problem was in fact a conflict or if it was a base problem with requiem's modifications to the character (or maybe the result of a faulty install, though I've never seen a texture problem cause a crash before, so that would be weird).

• 2 weeks later...