Shadow flickering, see through hands, etc.

sasquatchjc

Question

Okay so i'm having a few issues. First off i just want to state that i installed every mod with STEP (in order), followed all of the directions, and my nvidia inspection settings are all the way (although i will be turning them down a lot since the game is really laggy outside). I also chose RCRN for my lighting mod. My video card is a nVidia geforce GTX 465, 6 gb RAM, and Windows 7 x64

first off to glitch 1, my main problem. for whatever reason, the shadows while outside flicker. They turn on and off really fast, even when im not moving. I tried some z-fighting fixes and the like but to no avail. the shadows just spaz out. Due to this, its impossible to get a screenshot. Its almos tlike a strobe light, if that helps.

Problem number 2. My hands are.. well... just look at the screen shots.

Without Gloves

Posted Image

With gloves

Posted Image

The hands are see through and distorted.

Another problem i am having: pretty self-explanatory

Posted Image

The pages in books are messed up, and when you flip the page, it almost seems like your flipping it from behind the book.

My final problem, and i'm not even sure its a glitch, is that candles give off way more light then they should. heres the SS.

Posted Image

I just don't think two candles should be as bright as the sun.

Well that seems to be all my problems. if any addition info is needed, i'll gladly provide it.

6 answers to this question

I cannot speak to RCRN issues, as I have no XP with that thus far; however, it seems like you have some mesh conflicts if I had to guess (i.e., some of the meshes for books and character may be wrong, possibly due to load order issues?

When I see this sort of thing, I troubleshoot very little. I just start over using a mod installer/manager.

This is not too helpful I am sure, so hopefully someone else has seen this before.

EDIT: Actually, back out from this thread, and check out the "ENB Help" sibling thread posted by torminator. I think he has the same or similar issue.

I would uninstal RCRN that should fix your shadow and lighting problems, no clue about the book and hands.

XCE and Realistic Paper are the mods that affect those but I haven't heard of a single issue with those mods in 4 months of use.

At a guess I'd say its your ini that is messing those up, try renaming both ini files in mydocs/mygames/skyrim and see if that fixes your issues.

Well the ini files didn't fix anything, and i have yet to uninstall RCRN. Maybe its all just a lighting issue? In any case, i'll have to get to it later since i'm busy at the moment. However, within my 5minutes of gameplay, i discovered another glitch. Some parts of the mountains just look like snow.. hard to explain but a screenshot will come later.

EDIT: well i fixed all my problems :D! it was all linked to the injector. However the mountain glitch still stands

Here is the screenshot

Posted Image

As you can see, the mountain just doesnt look right. There are also other problems like that were some of the rocks on the mountains look blurry and really low detail, etc. This one is tricky though, because i re-installed any LOD mods in the STEP guide and its still not fixed. Any input would be appreciated