Skylight ENB

Aiyen

Glad that you like it. 

The preset is made on the assumption that you play on a calibrated monitor, otherwise the contrasts will be way of... mostly to the darker side. But it is easy enough to adjust to your liking. 

Good thing that you did not touch the brightness in settings. You should never touch that it will just cause issues. 

I implemented a better way to do it anyways. When you open the GUI then in the middle there is a shaders window. Open enbeffect.fx and find 

one called exposure scale and exposure threshold. Specifically the Night entry. Adjust those ever so slightly to make your game consistently brighter. As long as you do not overdo it then it should preserve the colors and not cause any artifacts. If you do happen to have issues please do let me know! :) 

As for the mods... then SFO is mostly the most massive of them all since it adds so many things to the game in the form of new flora and trees. When you have shadows on grass.. then grass becomes performance hungry really really fast. And trees are just rather detailed models hence adding more quickly adds up. It is a great mod, but not if you do not have the performance to run it. 

The other big one is SMIM if you took the full version. Depending on where you are then its improved meshes will also cost a bit, however most of the time it is worth it to just leave it. But you can check out the custom installer and select a few less performance intensive options here and there. 

Other then that then just reducing rendering distances will provide an overall increase in performance. Especially shadow draw distance. But it might start to look a bit too bad then. The trick is to play around with those settings until happy with the compromise. 

Happy gaming and merry christmas to you! 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Looking into this ENB over RealVision. I went ahead and got the appropriate ELE interiors mod, but is it possible to merge them? My load order is getting abit long and switching out 1 esp for 4 is not helping, lol.

Also, what settings for CoT would be best? Default on dungeons/interiors/night? Or will any choice work?

One last thing, I am very please you included a Lanterns of Skyrim preset. I was fretting that I wouldn't be able to find one that matched my mods, (CoT, ELFX, etc)

You can merge the ELE .esp into one.. at least that is what I have done. 

The CoT settings are technically covered in the installation guide :p 

But I am feeling nice n stuff. 

No interiors, default nights, and then the weather patch. remember the appropiate DLC items if you have them. 

Actually I do not really use the lanterns mod anymore.. so for the next version it might be off... guess I will have to look into that, and same for the torches. 

In general if you do not agree with the color choice it is really simple to just open the .esp in tes5edit and put in a new color. 

Hope that covers all! And thanks for trying out the preset! 

Edit: I actually forgot that I merged the ELE .esp myself.... oh well hassle of too much stuff! 

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so version 7.0 is out now

Main attraction this time around is a new new dynamic bloom method I have cooked up. Essentially this means that stuff will glow less when you do not look at it directly. 

Reworked most of the weathers and interiors, so that they look nice with the new tonemapping settings I have decided to use. 

Added back speculars and reworked SSS so that skin now should look rather good. 

Fixed tons of issues, and tried to get as many of the suggestions I have received into it as possible. 

I guess I could write a lot of other fancy stuff.. but guess all interested should just try it out instead!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This question is super newbie and I apologize, but if I followed the STEP v2.2.9 Extended instructions 100% and now I am trying to get the best visual effects out of Skylight (I have a powerful rig), what do I need to change from the initial STEP installation to make everything work? I just don't want to screw anything up obviously.

Make sure you have the correct version of ELE installed is the only major thing in terms of mods required. I am going to assume you are going to use the vanilla version. 

If you got the power you can increase the quality of the various effects and enable skylighting inside enbseries.ini. There will be some improvements in overall visual quality, but I always suggest that you try to see if the current settings are not good enough. 

Also under SSAO in enbseries.ini change 

SizeScale=0.65
SourceTexturesScale=0.5

to 1.0 for both. That should remove the last remnants of flickering that can happen due to the rather low base values. 

But again it all depends on what your FPS expectations are etc. But for starters that will do. If you got further questions then just ask. 

You can start off reading the ENB Guide in the STEP Wiki: https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:ENB

You will using more than ENBoost, if you are going to run an ENB, so you will have more to fine-tune and set in the ENB files.  I don't remember which mods, but it's possible that some of the mods in the STEP Guide may have ENB options - like special installation options in the installer or extra files in a mod's Nexus file section.  To narrow things down, I imagine that ENB could definitely affect mods that contain textures and might affect some mods that contain meshes (anyone?).  You can see which mods you have installed contain these types of files through MO's "Content" column.  Mods that contain BSAs are tricky, since Mod Organizer doesn't offer to display the types of content within BSAs (like, whether or not the BSA contains textures or meshes - it simply tells you the mod contains a "BSA"...).

Please, if anyone else has more advice to add to this...

I gave this a try and my first impression is very positive. Love how the game looks now and especially how well my graphics card can handle it.

I'm not completely sure which version to use though. I'm using WAO, which means I have both Climates of Tamriel and Pure Weather in my load order. I noticed that the package for Pure Weather contains .ini files with COT, PW, and RealShelter prefixes. So I guess I should use this one? At least it's the one I'm using currently and so far it seems to work fine.