Skylight ENB

Aiyen

@Aiyen

On the other thread, I did a quick compare of several ENBs that I thought should pretty much work out of the box. Skylight was not among these, because it requires several other mods to align with the recommended config. I am now attempting to do some ENB compares with complete configs as recommended for the more config-dependent ENBs, and Skylight is one of them.

Problem: SL ENB is just way too dark on my system. I have meticulously followed your guide instructions, and all is easy to follow and execute. Load order is correct. I do not use Lanterns of Skyrim, but that should not matter at all. I do use Supreme Storms and Expanded Snow Systems, and I do use a fairly dark monitor config (white is really white and black is really black on my monitor, contrast and brightness are ideal), and fGamma=1.0000

Here are my shots, taken at noon in Windhelm under clear weather (0010E1F2). THis is bright and sunny on all ENBs, including Therion, which is one of the darker ones:

Vanilla          >          Skylight

Posted ImagePosted Image

My specs are in my sig, but I am wondering how far from your intended look this screen actually is, IYO.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are my shots, taken at noon in Windhelm under clear weather (0010E1F2). THis is bright and sunny on all ENBs, including Therion, which is one of the darker ones:

That's a vanilla weather ID, Skylight ENB only works with CoT weathers and a few vanilla ones (Those from the intro and the dragonborn ones)

Here are my shots' date=' taken at noon in Windhelm under clear weather (0010E1F2). THis is bright and sunny on all ENBs' date=' including Therion, which is one of the darker ones:[/quote'']

That's a vanilla weather ID, Skylight ENB only works with CoT weathers and a few vanilla ones (Those from the intro and the dragonborn ones)

Hmmm, I cannot get any of the codes from Aiyen's post or from the weathers.ini to work though. None of the IDs are recognized in the console ...

FW 58148
FW 00058148
FW 0x00058148

Here are my shots' date=' taken at noon in Windhelm under clear weather (0010E1F2). THis is bright and sunny on all ENBs' date=' including Therion, which is one of the darker ones:[/quote'']

Hmmm, I cannot get any of the codes from Aiyen's post or from the weathers.ini to work though. None of the IDs are recognized in the console ...

FW 58148
FW 00058148
FW 0x00058148

That's because the weathers he listed are from CoT, so you should be using whatever CoT mod index is instead of the 00 at the start (e.g. if CoT has the index 1C you'd have to type fw 1C058148)

When I tried it without CoT, the only vanilla weather that didn't look dark was the default one. (fw 15e)

Yes what CJ typed is entirely correct (Except I also accept the Dawnguard specific ones hehe). You need the mod ID in front of the formID to call it into the game.

However if you coc into the game and it looks dark then you have some mod (most likely a sound one) overwriting the regions restoring the default vanilla weather system.

On this topic I am currently considering a few options.

A: I can leave it as it is, and have it like a "You have a mod list conflict" feature.

B: I can make an .esp to fix the issue for all vanilla image spaces. However if people then have a bad modlist then it will not look super good, since it is in no way optimized for the vanilla weathers.

C: I can code my way out of it and essentially make a rainbow all over the screen if you have a bad mod list, or just make it so it would look like if I made an .esp. But again I kind of like the idea of having people know they have a bad mod list...

If anyone has some ideas, or input into this I would love to hear it.

I think you should make it look how you think is best, and just tell people what mod set they need to install along with skylight in order to achieve the best effect. However, I still think the nights are a little dark, even though I'm using a CoT+ELFX+ELE setup as you say on your modpage ;p (oh I'm still using 2.0b though...)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yeah 2.0b was just a transition release in order see what sort of feedback I could get from altering the Time of Day system. Got some nice feedback and spent the time to almost perfect it in v.2.1.

You can safely use that for a while though, mostly what remains to be done with exteriors is minor bug fixing. Next update will focus on interiors, since it has been some time since they got some love. And special optional effects when I get the time.

Yes what CJ typed is entirely correct (Except I also accept the Dawnguard specific ones hehe). You need the mod ID in front of the formID to call it into the game.

However if you coc into the game and it looks dark then you have some mod (most likely a sound one) overwriting the regions restoring the default vanilla weather system.

On this topic I am currently considering a few options.

A: I can leave it as it is, and have it like a "You have a mod list conflict" feature.

B: I can make an .esp to fix the issue for all vanilla image spaces. However if people then have a bad modlist then it will not look super good, since it is in no way optimized for the vanilla weathers.

C: I can code my way out of it and essentially make a rainbow all over the screen if you have a bad mod list, or just make it so it would look like if I made an .esp. But again I kind of like the idea of having people know they have a bad mod list...

If anyone has some ideas, or input into this I would love to hear it.

Could you share the mod ID for CoT then? (Sorry, I am not a plugin-semantics guru ... yet) I want to be certain that I am using valid weathers. I also should not have any conflicts since I am installing CoT and all relevant SL ENB mods at the bottom of my install order and loading these plugins last as well.

so ...

• Weather ID examples that will work with your mod and the FW command
  • Weathers when loading a previous save into a CoT setup --when do CoT weathers commence? Do I need to wait 31 days or something? I need a way to get a direct compare under similar weather conditions and TOD for vanilla and CoT-based weathers (and any other relevant weather systems that I need to use).
TIA

00 = skyrim.esm, 01 = update.esm 02 = dawnguard... etc. on my list then 07 is CoT.esm (You find it in MO furthest to the right in the plugins tab. )

So for me it would be

07058148 or just 7058148 since you can ignore all 0´s in front of first non zero when typing hex.

If you just type "coc riverwood" then if your regions are actually using CoT´s regions then it will load a CoT weather.

If you start a default new game through helgen, then at first you got a vanilla fog weather, then a vanilla cloudy. Which stick until you walk out of the cave, and down the path a little bit. After that point CoT regions are used everywhere, unless other quests actually force a given weather like the helgen intro does.

00 = skyrim.esm, 01 = update.esm 02 = dawnguard... etc. on my list then 07 is CoT.esm (You find it in MO furthest to the right in the plugins tab. )

So for me it would be

07058148 or just 7058148 since you can ignore all 0´s in front of first non zero when typing hex.

ooooohhhhhhh, noooow I get it :P

If you just type "coc riverwood" then if your regions are actually using CoT´s regions then it will load a CoT weather.

So in the image above, I was running STEP with SkyLight mods as prescribed (including CoT as I said above). Then I loaded a char in Alternate Start 'prison' (new, level 1 char from a vanilla-weather 'start'). Then I coc'd to WindhelmBlacksmith and walked outside to get the screen. Is this then CoT weather or vanilla weather? (I assume CoT based on what you are saying here ... in which case, it is very dark with correct config)

If you start a default new game through helgen, then at first you got a vanilla fog weather, then a vanilla cloudy. Which stick until you walk out of the cave, and down the path a little bit. After that point CoT regions are used everywhere, unless other quests actually force a given weather like the helgen intro does.

I have not used alternate start since way way back.

But sometimes a weather is carried over when you use coc. So if it starts out with a vanilla weather it can follow you. (STATUS will tell you if in doubt)

Best is to increase the time scale (set timescale to 5000) and wait for a manual transition. If it only sorts vanilla weathers then the regions are wrong. If not then it is just because that mod is forcing some weathers and carrying them along when you coc.

At least this tells you if you are having the correct basis for testing hehe! :)

I confirmed taht I had not been loading CoT weathers after all :P

I am starting another round of ENB compares on the adjacent thread, and the 'correct' screens for SkyLight are now included. looks good ;)

Question: what mod adds the snow to the ground around Whiterun? I want to fix my SL screens so that they match the other ENBs if possible (without snow all over the place in WR)