Skyrim Weapon De-LARP-ification Project (by MadCat221)

Neovalen

Discussion thread:

Weapon De-LARP Project by MadCat221

Wiki Link

A lot of the weapons are... thick. Abnormally thick. "Not a cutting

edge" thick. I know that blades can't be as thin as they are in real

life on account of them otherwise disappearing because of pixel

aliasing, but COME ON! Are these swords or cudgels?

This mod goes through a lot of the 1stperson meshes for many weapons (mainly

swords, but some axes too) and thins them. Probably not to the level of

real life, but enough so they actually look like... yaknow... *swords*.

----------------------------------------

Figured I'd post this as I really really really hate how my swords are thick and blunt in Vanilla Skyrim. So far this is the only mod I've seen that works on the vanilla meshes.

If anyone has any other mods that do something similar/better, please post them!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Well, honestly, I think the default Skyrim meshes might be closer to reality than De-larp's...

Skyrim's armory is comparable to the 9th-11th century of medieval europe. Swords were not massive chunks of metal... This article has more information on how massive swords were back in the renaissance:

https://www.thearma.org/essays/weights.htm

We can be sure, that swords were heavier in the early middle-ages than in the renaissance. I'm still looking for 360° models of big swords...

Edit:

A sword was between 4 mm and 8 mm thick. Later age swords had a fuller, which made it much better for piercing your enemy and also reduced the weight of the sword. A two-handed sword weighed over 2 kg, some up to 4 kg (ceremonial swords).

Here another article:

https://www.worldwideswords.net/medieval.html

Based on those articles, DeLARP is pretty close to reality I suppose. Maybe just a tad too thin in the case of the two-handed sword tech posted.

Maybe a 50% increase in width would be better for DeLARP, but it is not bad as it stands now.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

1. Don't be scared to ask newbie questions. If you don't, you'll be a newb forever.
2. I'm sure you can delete that stuff, BUT, it's tiny, AND, you've already used the bandwidth to DL it. If it's really worth your time to search out and destroy all the unnecessary 100kb files, I think you should invest in some more HDD space... or some floppy disks, or something ::P: