Mod Organizer Priority order vs. Mod Index order

Bundy714

Question

Ok, I can't find the answer anywhere, so here goes.  This is my first time using Mod Organizer. (it is really intimidating when you've been using NMM)  I've got all the utilities and third party programs working.  I started adding mods according to the order in STEP 2.2.7.    So, the left pane of M.O. has a Priority order, which is the order in which I loaded the mods.  I understand it is used when there are conflicting overwrites, but I don't have any so far.  After loading a few mods, I ran BOSS to make sure it was working.  It worked fine, opened my browser, showed my recommended load order and it was reflected in the MOD INDEX order in the Right Pane of M.O.

This is where I am a bit confused......while BOSS sorted my mods in the right pane (INDEX), my left pane (Priority) was not affected, it still has the mods listed in the order that I installed them.  Am I supposed to manually sort the Priority to match the Index, or just ignore the discrepancy? 

I'm thinking the INDEX is the order things will be loaded when I run the game, but I don't know if I should manually sort the Priority or not, since BOSS only seems to alter the Index, not the Priority.  Am I stressing over nothing, or what? Or is BOSS supposed to reorder both the Index and Priority and I don't have it set up right?

Users are permitted to edit posts within (I think) 15 minutes of posting. After this has elapsed, the post is locked and can no longer be edited.

There are two priority orders in Mod Organizer. The mod order in the left pane controls the order in which assets (meshes, textures, scripts, audio files, etc.) are used in the game and the order of the plugins in the right pane controls which records within each plugin are used by the game. This generally means the game uses the meshes and textures in the last mod in the left pane and the settings from the last plugin in the right pane. Also note that the order in the left pane is controlled by STEP Staff comparing the assets provided in each mod and constructing an order for an optimal outcome in the game (e.g. ensuring the game uses the most appropriate meshes, textures, audio files, and scripts) whereas the right pane is sorted by LOOT using automated algorithms to try to find an optimal load order.

I'll let someone else answer your specific question about CCF and WAF.

Thank you, Greg.

Sorry for being impatient, but maybe this thread only needs a bump for someone else's reaction :D

So why is CCF overwritten by WAF in STEP? I realize this topic has gone OT, however the previous posts connected to this are here... Should I rather post to the CCF/WAF conflicts thread?

Edited by Hawk

Thank you, Greg.

Sorry for being impatient, but maybe this thread only needs a bump for someone else's reaction :D

So why is CCF overwritten by WAF in STEP? I realize this topic has gone OT, however the previous posts connected to this are here... Should I rather post to the CCF/WAF conflicts thread?

Yes.