aMidianBorn Landscape by CaBaL

DoYouEvenModBro

• 2 weeks later...

mod updated and fully supported... but clearly someone was in a hurry to drop it 5 days before release with tons of  images on flickr for weeks and dozen of previews left and right like there was no tomorrow :)

something never changes 

please do not re-open any discussion....totally pointless here.

usual treatment expected in 3-2-1

Edited by CaBaL
  • +1 1

You misunderstood, CaBaL. I didn't mean you weren't supporting the mod. I knew you were working on it. I meant that no one in this thread is supporting it's inclusion in STEP; therefore, it was dropped from testing. Can't really doing anything if no one is testing it out for STEP. We're simply getting prepared for release and dropping mods from Testing that aren't being supported by the members here on the STEP Forums.

Hey CaBaL welcome back mate. Always good to see one of our favorite texture artists! I hate to ask but could you add some parallax to some of your other mods (I think farmhouses and some others which are great btw)

Hey Cabal bentornato compagno. Sempre bello vedere uno dei nostri artisti preferiti struttura! Odio chiedere ma potrebbe aggiungere un po 'di parallasse per alcuni dei tuoi altri mods (penso cascine e alcuni altri che sono grandi btw)

... i was joking -.-

just to let know that there was an update...

omg octopuss ... change sport

When I first read it, it didnt seem like a joke and thats why everyone was keeping tabs.

I took a brief look at the landscape textures and there are a few good textures but they didnt quite have the style that I was looking for.

When I was looking yours over, I was also having very specific textures in mind such as the roads the the matching base textures.

None of the textures really had that "bumpy" normal map which is also part in my decision.

Anyhow, its always nice to see another mod that includes support for terrain parallax because it was definitely slim pickins

• 2 years later...

Sounds like you guys are going with SRO, which is also excellent, but I have to say this is my personal favorite landscape retexture.  I also feel like the size of textures in SRO is a bit of a problem for a baseline mod in STEP, especially with lots of people encountering the Win10 / DX9 issue.  Though I suppose this pack is on the large side as well...

I did a LOT of testing different snow/ice textures a while back and I've landed solidly on the snow, snow road, and glacier textures from Cabal as being the absolute best there is.  

All that being said, SRO is probably closer to vanilla.