Clothing & Clutter Fixes (by kryptopyr)

z929669

Discussion thread:
Clothing and Clutter Fixes by kryptopyr
Wiki Link

Clothing & Clutter Fixes ... seems like an obvious addition for STEP.

I'll be testing in my own game, but any advocates out there?

Accepted for STEP:Core 2.2.9

MT Notes:

To Do Notes:

• Would be a good idea to open up in TES5Edit with Core and then Extended to see what this conflicts with.
  • Evaluate the need of Diverse Priests, which the author, kryptopyr, said is not needed any more.
  • Decided on Core or Extended placement.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use it in my current playthrough. It's a good mod and well done too (as expected, it's Krypto after all :) ). I did find some wording choice a bit off, nearly on the border of not fitting into the Skyrim world, but maybe I'm just used to certain items being named the same all the time and it's just a matter getting used to the new names :)

Nevertheless, I would recommend it, it fixes a lot of small stuff that you never notice, but once it's fixed you can't live without it.

Thanks for the comments, Rootsrat. What wording choices do you find out of place? I've never really liked trying to come up with names for items, and I would happily consider any suggestions that you or anyone else might have that would improve the mod. As always, I appreciate the feedback. :)

Since trying it, it's never going to leave my load order. ... although I think that can be said of all kryptopyr's mods that I've used. Been using it since around Thanksgiving.

My particular favorite is incorporating the hood + circlet fix with all the other fixes, and my thief playthroughs are enhanced by clutter pricing. Imo a no-brainer for STEP.

Like about anything from her, I'd use it and love it. Haven't actually used it yet, but I'm seriously looking forward to trying. One thing I have noticed is that the clothing changes to priests would make Diverse Priests redundant with this mod, so be sure to keep that in mind.

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure either. I haven't directly compared them, but I think CCF makes the same general changes that Diverse Priests does. I do know that my choice of which robes to associate with which priesthood is slightly different than in Diverse Priests. CCF also adds divine amulets to the priest outfits. I don't remember whether Diverse Priests does this, but I don't remember seeing them when I was using that mod (but then, they only really show up on the priests who aren't wearing hoods and are female). I also made changes to the robes that the court wizards and other mages wear, so I think CCF probably covers more than Diverse Priests.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually planning to add scaled weights for the potions, as well as scrolls, and possibly tweaking the weight/value for more of the food/alchemy ingredients. I haven't redone any of the textures or meshes for the bottles, nor do I plan to.

If this gets included, then I do think that Diverse Priests should be dropped. There's no reason to have both.

I do think this mod is very lore-friendly and doesn't really make any large departures from the vanilla game. The one thing I can think of that might be an argument against including it in Core would be the ability to wear circlets with hoods. This does add an extra enchantment slot, so you could argue it affects gameplay. But except in only one or two cases, the hoods are all clothing items, so I feel this is actually creates a bit better balance for mages or other characters who might be avoiding armor for one reason or another. Whether that's reason enough to exclude it from Core, I'll leave up to you guys.