Clothing & Clutter Fixes (by kryptopyr)

z929669

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kryptopyr actually states that "Clothing and Clutter Fixes is essentially doing everything that Appropriately Attired Jarls does, so the two shouldn't be use together." For those following the STEP 2.10.0 guide, use Clothing and Clutter Fixes 1.7 at the bottom of the Old Files section.

• 4 weeks later...

Kryptopyr actually states that "Clothing and Clutter Fixes is essentially doing everything that Appropriately Attired Jarls does, so the two shouldn't be use together." For those following the STEP 2.10.0 guide, use Clothing and Clutter Fixes 1.7 at the bottom of the Old Files section.

This also seems to be the case with MOTO as well.  Trying to get CCF and MOTO to not conflict is definitely a pain in xEdit... then I saw the MCM script for CCF and realized there is a whole other can of worms I gotta get through for MOTO to properly overwrite CCF.

Quick question: since I am starting a new game after finishing my compatibility patch, can I just remove AAJ & MOTO?  Or will there be problems with other clothing mods or the STEP Patch?  If this mod does the same things as these two mods, then wouldn't everything just be simpler to use CCF 2.0?  I really like how the new updates look...

I assume MOTO is Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul and AAJ is Appropriately Attired Jarls. Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul should be compatible with Clothing and Clutter Fixes. I'm currently using it with Clothing and Clutter Fixes 2.0 in another build and haven't noticed any issues with it.

The STEP Compilation for STEP Extended requires Clothing and Clutter Fixes and Complete Crafting Overhaul, so you can try Clothing and Clutter Fixes 2.0 without Appropriately Attired Jarls and Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul if you want.

I assume MOTO is Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul and AAJ is Appropriately Attired Jarls. Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul should be compatible with Clothing and Clutter Fixes. I'm currently using it with Clothing and Clutter Fixes 2.0 in another build and haven't noticed any issues with it.

The STEP Compilation for STEP Extended requires Clothing and Clutter Fixes and Complete Crafting Overhaul, so you can try Clothing and Clutter Fixes 2.0 without Appropriately Attired Jarls and Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul if you want.

Yes, I was referring to Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul... the problem is not a conflict with the robes themselves.  The conflict with CCF is the changes to the outfits of various NPCs.  You may expect a certain robe to be on a certain NPC, but CCF changes things by swapping outfits through hidden quests.  For example, if I am reading the script source and accompanying xEdit records correctly, it looks like Mirabelle and Urag's Outfit will be swapped to wear Master Robes of Regeneration, which doesn't benefit from MOTO textures.  This is made even more complex if you use Immersive College of Winterhold, which also gives many of the College NPCs unique outfits through editing the Actor records directly.

Now this may not necessarily be a bad thing; it is probably good to have the College mages have robe standards different from outside mages.  But I can't quite understand what those standards are.  Perhaps leaving MOTO is okay.  Can you see any gaping style discrepancies in your build?  Is it weird seeing more variation in generic NPC mages using MOTO robes alongside College mages using CCF robes?

Edited by mentaltyranny