GPU advice/question

One thing to check before whacking up the grids is what resolution you are playing at. For 1080p, go for it but if you are at 1440p I would stick to 7 ugrids and maybe dial back the AA somewhat. With 1440p the AA is less noticeable.

In a couple of weeks I will be able to give another datapoint when my new PC is built - it will be a 4770K, 780 Ti, 16Gb on a 1440p monitor. Since it will be fully water-cooled I will be pushing a good over clock too. I am watching the SR:LE ENB discussion with interest since Unreal Cinema is now behind. It may be time to dive into the ENB .fx files to learn how they work.

The new 2.2.8 STEP guide (in dev) details some of the ideal settings for high-end cards to maximize quality/performance. Things like FPS limit, driver-side SSAA/vsync/triple buffering. The new guide URL can be extrapolated from the URL of the current guide.

ENBoost + Mempatch 3.0 obviate the need to worry too much about 1k versus 2k textures any longer (on higher-end 64-bit systems anyway). It is now more about CPU/GPU bottlenecks than it is about VRAM for RAM-heavy systems with modern GPUs.