Audio Overhaul for Skyrim - Patches (by michaelrw)

Spock

Discussion thread:
Audio Overhaul for Skyrim - Patches by michaelrw
Wiki Link

This mod is actually quite self explaining. It provides patches for Audio Overhaul for Skyrim by David Jegutidse and many popular mods. Thanks Michaelrw for all your work on the patches!
Use the complete edition to replace the AOS.esp from the main mod to save a plugin slot.

STEP patch users do not need to get the extra patches for mods listed in the optional section. Those have been rebuilt from scratch into the STEP patches. Be aware of the mods patched on the wiki page (link above).

EssArrBee: This mod is dropped unless updated to current version of AOS. Guide has been updated to reflect this.

• 3 weeks later...

We'd like opinions as to what patches should be used and which version of the mod ... there is one with merged plugin for AOS and an alternative patch for AOS. Merged plugin seems best, since it saves a plugin slot; however, we want to know the potential drawbacks.

I recommend the "Complete - Legendary Version - Dawnguard AND Dragonborn files" from the optionals, as that's what I use, and it seemed to be okay when I looked it up in TES5Edit. I haven't tested the other versions, except for certain of the mod patches which don't count.

Should we be using this, given that we have the STEP Patches?

It may be redundant, as this adds several plugins.

@SRB

I ask this again. Do we even need AOS patches, since we have the STEP Patch??

EDIT: NM, I see now :P

Also, this and AOS were both missing from the 2.2.8 guide until just this minute.

Where did you have them in your install when you created the patch??

They weren't missing, the propagation list shows empty slots when we use redirects from the old name to the new. I changed the names from Audio Overhaul to Audio Overhaul for Skyrim.

The AOS patches are for the DLC. It is a replacer for the main mod's AOS.esp. There are a ton of other patches on the page, but I merged those to the STEP Patches. Those patches are listed on the STEP Patches wiki page.

I will probably have to add something for non-patch user on some of the mod pages.

• 2 weeks later...