Audio Overhaul for Skyrim - Patches (by michaelrw)

Spock

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, now I'm confused... A new version on AOS just came out - 2.0.  Apparently, there is an optional patch for Climates of Tamriel on that same mod page as an optional for anyone who uses CoT.  Also, there is another mod page for AOS patches that includes a crapload of patches for other mods, BUT, they all seem to be for the previous version.  AND... a bunch of them were never even mentioned in STEP even though a lot of them are for mods that are in STEP.  So, was I supposed have had some of those patches installed for the STEP mods even though the patches aren't mentioned in the STEP guide (for the previous version of AOS)?  Also, what now (now that the new version of AOS came out)?

OK, so was the STEP patch made from scratch by someone working on STEP, or was the STEP patch created in-part from some kind of merging of the patches found on that AOS patch page?

And finally, anyone here know how to merge it all properly and update the STEP Patches (Core and Extended)?  :) (because I don't... lol)

Edited by oqhansoloqo

Yes, but the AOS nexus page says that patches built for the previous version of AOS might revert AOS 2.0 behavior to that of the previous version.  Is the STEP patch compatible with AOS 2.0?

I was just explaining why the instructions in the STEP guide never mentionned the individual patches on this mod page.

As for whether the STEP patches are compatible or not with AOS 2.0, they do have some mismatches since some of the AOS patches they contain are not valid any longer.

OK, so was the STEP patch made from scratch by someone working on STEP, or was the STEP patch created in-part from some kind of merging of the patches found on that AOS patch page?

The STEP patches basically serve as compatibility patch for all of the mods in STEP, including AOS patches.

Edited by CJ2311

I'm guessing that if michael returns that he will need to patch GDO and WAF aswell. I will crate a temporary set of patches for GDO/AOS and WAF/AOS for non-STEP Patch users. I probably need permission first, but I doubt kryptopyr will say no, plus Lord Korn and Eckss seem nice enough.