Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

If you want more positive reviews then lower everything and let people increase quality instead! ;)

Proven concept! Since way too many people think the preset performance is set in stone!

In general then above medium you kinda have to go pixel hunting for differences.

@All FYI

The default DoF in this is very subtle. I recommend using it unless for performance reasons (but I can't detect any performance diff with and without on my system). The alternative DoF steals several frames from me if the GUI setting is increased up to 9 (but that blurs distant objects way too much). The alternative is also dynamic bokeh by default (I think), and it behaves erratically sometimes (goes in/out of focus rapidly and causes rapid brightness changes under certain lighting.). Lots of config possible though for alternative, including DoF type I think.

@Magna

I have noticed that the lighting at dusk just outside of Riften main gate with the "Morningfogs.ini" running (not sure about the weather now) is way too dark, and it would not respond to my normal tweaks to ambient light and point lighting. It is ENB causing in combination with lighting mods I think, because with no ENB, things are much more visible, but at some point, suddenly the gate torches point lighting turns on (likely a mod I hope). Lastly, the Vividian Lanterns of Skyrim plugin completely darkens Riften inside the gates. the lanterns have no impact at all. this may be interaction with another lighting mod. I am using CoT, ELE, ELFX and some other stiff, but will post plugins/order later this evening.

Thank you z. DoF is one of the first things I disable because that's not my thing but now that you assure the default DoF is subtle, I'm gonna give it a try :).

Am I the only one who thinks things are just a little bit too dark even when it's 10am? Please remember I only see vanilla weathers.

Thank you z. DoF is one of the first things I disable because that's not my thing but now that you assure the default DoF is subtle, I'm gonna give it a try :).

Am I the only one who thinks things are just a little bit too dark even when it's 10am? Please remember I only see vanilla weathers.

No, things are a bit dark under some weathers. Try the brighter preset, or note the changes between that and the other presets to configure your own using the global INI variables.

@ z

Hm i dont tnink that lantern bug is caused by my preset, i onlychange color and lighting radius+ some flickering.

But i know elfx adds lanterns in the Villages as Lanterns of skyrim does as well. Maybe they fight each other.

I have to check out rifton with the morningfogs. But if nothing responds to your tweaks then something is off. Riften most likley switches rapidly to the RiftonOvercastFogs.

I am amazed you got those morningfogs there anyhow, or do you forced it there? I nothiced those pointlighting Ploppup also. Might be EDWS.

@AllSunday: Depends. I uploaded some fixes for skylighting in the beta area a bit ago. Have a try. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ealhwl36l95z5zq/JEPosTxJ-w

Other than that have a look at the Monitor calibration Picture in the optional files (darken your room and view fullscreen) to see how off you are from my monitor settings.

No, things are a bit dark under some weathers. Try the brighter preset, or note the changes between that and the other presets to configure your own using the global INI variables.

Yes, I'm probably going to try that tonight.

@ z

Hm i dont tnink that lantern bug is caused by my preset, i onlychange color and lighting radius+ some flickering.

But i know elfx adds lanterns in the Villages as Lanterns of skyrim does as well. Maybe they fight each other.

I have to check out rifton with the morningfogs. But if nothing responds to your tweaks then something is off. Riften most likley switches rapidly to the RiftonOvercastFogs.

I am amazed you got those morningfogs there anyhow, or do you forced it there? I nothiced those pointlighting Ploppup also. Might be EDWS.

@AllSunday: Depends. I uploaded some fixes for skylighting in the beta area a bit ago. Have a try. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ealhwl36l95z5zq/JEPosTxJ-w

Other than that have a look at the Monitor calibration Picture in the optional files (darken your room and view fullscreen) to see how off you are from my monitor settings.

Thank you Mangaclub. My monitor was calibrated using this.

@ z

.... /snip

Morningfogs was automatic, but I did have a glitch where the GUI ini would not pop up ... had to quit and load save again to get it.

RE your  LoS plugin: Riften was visible again after I disabled your plugin, so some interaction with your plugin, LoS and ELFX maybe. I am loading ELFX, then CoT, then your plugin. I forget where BOSS puts LoS (before or after the other two)

@ Trexasle: Really? I'm working with this;

CPU i7 4770k @ 3.5GHz

RAM 16GB (2 x 8GB DDR3 1866)

GPU NVidia GTX 670 2GB

120 GB SDD (Windows 8.1 64bit OS)

1TB 7200 RPM HDD (Skyrim)

With ewi65's ini files (edited to a more vanilla flavor) and ugrids set to 7.

Which is fine, but nothing crazy, and I haven't noticed a performance hit. Admittedly I haven't fired up a performance monitor to check. I was running Realvision option B full at ~32fps consistently (which is plenty for this RPG, IMO, I can still get off opponents centerline & use incepting strikes to block) and Vividian doesn't "feel" different. I installed the main version with LOD bias.