Vividian - Weather & Lighting enhancement - CoT - RCRN and Pure Weather

Mangaclub

My Stats

CPU i5 2500k 

RAM 12gb 

AMD Radeon 6950 2GB

1TB 7200 RPM HDD (Skyrim) (Literally the same as yours.)

Yeah I was confused too. But Again, it seemed that Disabling Compression did the trick. I'm used to losing FPS outdoors, but I find Indoor FPS loss to be sort of ridiculous. 

My Riften dark issues were probably due to Dawn of Riften being installed in my load order. I had not thought to remove it after testing.

I do continue to get morningfogs.ini in Riften though, even after leaving/revisiting. It seems to be the predoninant weather there, so not sure what is causing that.

It is quite simple.. there is a region defined by the region boundaries, and then there is a percentage chance for a given weather to be applied in that region.

Then when it gets a bit technical is if you have quests, or effects which override the current weather by assigning a new one, like clear skies shout.

But it will always revert to the default region after that. Each location is linked to a specific region, you can ofc. make unique regions and then put in your own weathers that way if you wish.

As for riften.. it is almost always foggy by design there.

hehe, ok. sorry, now i see why it was funny :)

i think it is just because of the chances, i am getting riftenweathers in that region, although often it is morningfogs because it just has the most fog weather IDs added to it.

i am currently working on a little patch that will in essence do what EDWS does, more rain, more snow, more fog also maybe. going to change those fog weathers more to the nice COT Weather Patch Fogs maybe.