Enhanced Blood Textures (by dDefinder)

frihyland

Well I'm removing it if that tells you anything. I'm fairly certain it's the cause of many of my freezes especially the ones in the wilderness (which happen after or during fights so blood does splatter almost 100% of the time I do get a crash). I haven't seen anything in the logs when I have them enabled but after talking with Aiyen and a few others after doing some research into it I figure it's safer to remove it from the equation and put it out of my mind. To be quite honest I can live without the extra blood effects and such, I'll probably take the textures out and package them separately so I don't have vanilla blood but that's probably about it.

The problem with EBT and any other combat related scripts are that you can only have so many at any one point!

Combat is a really script intensive part of the game! And installing combat overhauls, effect overhauls, blood and sound overhauls etc... plus having frostfall, and other continuous updating mods installed as well is just too much.

It does not matter how optimized the scripts are, the game can only process so many.

Sadly for people like Neo... eventually the game will force you to pick what you want to play with, or just learn to live with alot of combat freezes.

I found that a good way to test your combat is to go to solitude with coc from the main menu (coc solitudeavenues), spawn three dragons, and then see how long it takes before you get a freeze.

As some of you already know solitude is a good place to test for ILS, and freezes in general. Add a load of dragons flying about trying to kill alot of essential actors etc. will cause the script engine to work overtime.

My own test with BSF effects and EBT... then I could run for about 10 mins... without the two... I eventually got a bit bored trying to kill them after an hour. Also I have dragon combat overhaul installed as well... so when I "almost" killed one dragon then it spawned new dragons..but the game was still able to run.

That does sound like a problem. Not necessarily EBT, but definitely makes sense that scripts are piling up during combat, and we would want to include only those that are as liberal and optimized as possible without choking the game.

BSF Effects was the main problem for me. I also used EBT, Duel, TK Recoil and TK Dodge, SkyRe (including EnemyAI module). All those mods, plus the ones that run scripts outside of combat (SkyTEST, Wet & Cold, Realistic Needs etc.) was were a killer for my game. After some testing I removed BSF, EBT, TK mods and SkyTEST - and since then I encounter no problems whatsoever. I had to start a new game, but the previous set up became unplayable at level 10. I am level 12 at the moment (I don't know how many in game hours I played, hance the level indication) and I didn't have a single combat freeze since.

Yeah... I've read the mod page... I was more concerned with what scripts might be left behind and what other chaos that might cause. I'll... Restart again. Man... Would love to finally have a stable build. Between too many script CTD's and ils... I just want stability.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

I think that there are just too many conflicts with this mod resulting in instability. Look at the Nexus thread, and you will find many issues. Regardless if the issues aren't related directly to this mod (that is still unknown), this mod is at least a part of the equation, and it all seems to be related to the scripts.

Similar issues with Crimson Tide, so I think that we are going to need to wait for a new solution to Skyrim's blood problems. Textures along are not really a fix.

These mods don't belong in STEP:Core for these reasons, and I think we should seriously consider pulling them from any Pack or at least warn users of the issues related to using this or CT (savegame issues and CTDs ... two of the worst issues to have together in a single mod).

Agree with not putting it in Core. As for Pack, I personally haven't experienced any issues with it so I can't judge to much there. I think it's a nice enhancement; however, if others are having issues then it might be best to pull it completely for now (at least from STEP authored packs...other authors can do as they please).

Version 3.5b

Added MCM option script update rate

Added MCM option reset cloak spell

Fixed an incorrect blood splatter texture for darker and brighter blood optional files

Fixed "has no 3D" warnings when the player leaves the area while an actor is bleeding out

Killmove blood now uses both normal and severe blood splatters

Increased low health blood splatter range and fixed conditions

Small tweaks and changes to the blood scripts