Enhanced Blood Textures (by dDefinder)

frihyland

Hey, I have an issue with this mod and I'm wondering if anyone else knows how to fix it.

When using spells (for instance, dual casting basic Flames spell), I get blood on my hands.

I find it very immersion breaking to get blood on my hands when using a (long-range) spell.

I tried various MCM options to no avail.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Nebulous

Darkside figured out you can use this mod without the plugin as a pure texture replacer. Might be good for Core? My STEP install isn't playable atm because of patching but I could post screen compares when it is if anyone doesn't beat me to it.

Edited by dreadflopp

Darkside figured out you can use this mod without the plugin as a pure texture replacer. Might be good for Core? My STEP install isn't playable atm because of patching but I could post screen compares when it is if anyone doesn't beat me to it.

This wouldn't be hard, but might undermine the author's intentions and, if so, we would never include such a thing unless the author hosted it himself or it was posted with permission.

Tech, someone just asked in the posts section of the Enhanced Blood Textures page on Nexus if there was a way to use just the textures (I assume this was you, dreadflopp?). dDefinder replied, "Use version 1.1".

Also, regarding my above query about the issue I was having with blood on my hands when casting spells...apparently this does occur from spell use, instead it happens due to getting hit. Which I still think is kind of stupid, but in a more acceptable way. ;) lol

dDefinder said my options were to re-equip my armour, or lower the decal lifetime in the MCM menu.

That's understandable Tech, I'll check the 1.1 Nebulous mentioned version and take some screenshots.

(and no Nebulous, that wasn't me asking, called dreadflopp everywhere actually ::): )

Version 1.1 contain no script. I plan to test it out and report back.

I actually edited the latest EBT esp to be script free for personal use. Will test the 1.1 when I get my setup up and running.

Edited by darkside

That's understandable Tech, I'll check the 1.1 Nebulous mentioned version and take some screenshots.

(and no Nebulous, that wasn't me asking, called dreadflopp everywhere actually ::): )

Come to think of it. I may test the current version of EBT as well, given Frostfall updated to 3.0 which is supposed to have better script performance. We may have some headroom.

I tested version 1.1 compare to 3.6c. The main difference are blood pool and spasm with NPC dies (scripts). Not much difference while fighting. Very hard to get screenshot.

The version 3.6c is surprisingly stable after Frostfall 3.0 update. I need to mention my setup is SRLE + REGS + MMO (No Footprints).

I spawn 50 bandits in Solitude and fight them. No CTD on multiple tries with version 3.6c. Before Frostfall update, I got CTD every time with 50 bandits.

Need to test more for stability.

Edited by darkside
  • +1 3

• 3 months later...

Not sure about darkside's experiences, but I've consistently had trouble with EBT. I may not CTD but I do notice papyrus problems cropping up, especially with STEP's Deadly Spell Impacts, Footprints, and Burn Freeze Shock Effects. One suggestion: advise users to delete everything in the EBT mod except for the textures. They'll still get the improved textures, and there'll be no script lag or even an ESP slot.

Edited by Harpalus

• 3 months later...

I think the detailed instructions might be out of date. I didn't see anywhere near the number of options that they had on there. In fact, it was limited to just three. Is this already known, and I just went through it wrong or what? 

Are you talking about the Fallout 4 mod?

Edit: I see you were asking about BoS in another thread, so I will assume this is regarding the Skyrim version. The thread for Enhanced Blood Textures for Skyrim is here: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/383-enhanced-blood-textures-by-ddefinder/

However, to answer your question, all options on the STEP wiki page for it should be available. Double check you downloaded and installed the right file.

Ah! Yes, oops should of checked that. I just searched the forum and didn't even think to check it. My bad! 

Just double checked; there's nothing about blood size, or wound size that I can tell. I'm probably missing something though. 

• 3 months later...