Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade (by kryptopyr)

statmonster

All right, I made a new profile in MO and create a new character with just the DLCs and their unofficial patches, skyUI, CCO Remade and Alternate life.

I configure the mod the show the matching circlet and I activate the jewelrycraft mod in the options. I go to the forge and still no leather circlet.

I give myself the first smithing perk (steel smithing) and steel circlet is available but still no leather, fur or iron circlet.

The strangest thing is when I go to the console and type "help circlet" I can see all the armored circlet available. At first I thought it might my fault with all the mod I have installed but I'm not so sure anymore :)

Quick question to those who've switched, how's it compared to Ars Metallica? I've got the rest of kryptopyr's smithing mods and I know that they all blend with eachother but Ars Metallica has done fine by me and I'd like to know if the change isn't jarring.

Quick question to those who've switched' date=' how's it compared to Ars Metallica? I've got the rest of kryptopyr's smithing mods and I know that they all blend with eachother but Ars Metallica has done fine by me and I'd like to know if the change isn't jarring.[/quote']

It is a much larger change than Ars and that is not a bad thing. Ars was going for a minimalist crafting mod. CCO as the name implies is an overhaul and I definitely recommend it.

Alright I'll give it a whirl.

One thing I have to ask though, I've downloaded this along with Jaysus's mod and the aMidianborn one. But I'm a bit confused on how to install the aMidianborn compatible one. Do I install all 3 files (CCO Remade, CCO Remade aMidianborn compatible, and the CCO files on the Book of Silence page.) and uncheck the original Book of Silence files?

I configure the mod the show the matching circlet and I activate the jewelrycraft mod in the options. I go to the forge and still no leather circlet.

Do you have the helmet version in your inventory?

you need to have the helmet from that set in your inventory in order for the circlet recipe to show up.

I tried that too and the full quote is:

If you have the Inventory Conditions option checked, then you need to have the helmet from that set in your inventory in order for the circlet recipe to show up.

Which means that the recipe should still be visible if you do not check Inventory Conditions option.

I am the only one with the problem?

I did some further testing.

I saw in TESVEdit that you use QuickFox's stuff so I tried his mod. And it works perfectly. Then I made another test. I remove every thing from his mod and just kept his esp. Still working. But I have now two steel circlet, one with QuickFox's meshes and textures and one with I assume with meshes and textures from Jewelcraft.

Does it make sense?

Edit: Disregard that... You renamed the recipe, so beside the fact that QuickFox mod works fine it doesn't help to understand why yours don't on my config.

No, Redferne. I can now confirm the problem. Everything looked fine in the CK, but I checked in game and couldn't get the circlets to show up either. Turns out that the MCM script was set to toggle a different global variable from the one actually used as a condition on the circlet recipes. Thanks for pursuing the issue. I will update the mod with the corrected settings this weekend.

Good that I waited with the grand install of this until after this was sorted out! :)

And what can I say kryp.. the olde tes5edit trap... it looks okay there, but is in fact something! God knows that issue has annoyed me quite a bit!

No' date=' Redferne. I can now confirm the problem. Everything looked fine in the CK, but I checked in game and couldn't get the circlets to show up either. Turns out that the MCM script was set to toggle a different global variable from the one actually used as a condition on the circlet recipes. Thanks for pursuing the issue. I will update the mod with the corrected settings this weekend.[/quote']

I'm happy to see you found the problem and that my installation is not completely f***** up :)

The "patch" is out. I can finally have my circlet :)

Congratulations for the fixes and thank you for the additions.

You're going to hate me but I found a new "minor" bug. When you select gain XP from tanning rack the player doesn't play the animation anymore (at least in 3rd person). But you're still able to use it and you gain XP.

Nah, I don't hate you. And I'm actually already aware of that 'bug'. I'm not sure I can make the smithing experience optional for the tanning rack and smelter and still preserve the animations. The other options are to release addition versions that add the experience, so the changes are direct record edits and not optional. Or release a an add-on file that makes the experience changes. It would be simple to produce an add on file, but it would mean an extra plugin file.