aMidianBorn Farmhouse (by CaBaL)

DoYouEvenModBro

Updated with AOF for reference, I still really like AMB in game, it just fits in with everything, and I gotta say this again. Falkreath just looks amazing.

There were actually a couple things AOF did well, but some of the wood looks so dried out that you'd thing the buildings would collapse. Still kinda like the indoor floors from HRDLC with the smaller stones that are smooth, though. I think I may have messed up on the window shots, maybe those are Visible Windows, but I'll have to double check.

I'd do another mod mash with these, but I've got a bunch of other stuff I want to get too. We'll see.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the updated comparison pictures, what strikes me is how much sharper the AOF textures seem compared to the others, which also makes me prefer them in most cases. I see what you mean about the wood seeming dry, though. The only pictures where I don't prefer AOF would be the indoor stone floor, where it's a toss-up between SRO and AMB for me, and the outdoor stone walls, where I like AMB better.

Updated with AOF for reference, I still really like AMB in game, it just fits in with everything, and I gotta say this again. Falkreath just looks amazing.

There were actually a couple things AOF did well, but some of the wood looks so dried out that you'd thing the buildings would collapse. Still kinda like the indoor floors from HRDLC with the smaller stones that are smooth, though. I think I may have messed up on the window shots, maybe those are Visible Windows, but I'll have to double check.

I'd do another mod mash with these, but I've got a bunch of other stuff I want to get too. We'll see.

That's exactly how I was thinking with the AOF wood. It looks like the house is in too bad need of repairs. The AOF rocks texture was really the only one I liked, and AMB is totally better. I guess that's why we dropped AOF.

i can only thank you for sharing your point of view CJ2311 ... matter of discussion/criticism= way to improve work :)

installed aof textures... i like em, woodbeams and interior floor in particular look very nice ingame... wood wall too "bumpy" imo, but color map works pretty well. ...a fine work

snip/

Stone Wall :

Definitely amb. The colors look more natural, especially in "however you call that area between two rocks in English"

/snip

Just in case any non-English-speaking-as-a-native-tongue want to know ....

generally, a few of the many options might be: 'joints', 'seams', 'crevices', 'boundaries', 'interstices' ... probably many more :P

Anyway, this mod definitely is a contender in many regards (I hate the idea of mixing/matching the best of everything though, since tiny details and styles differ ... but TPC does it I suppose)

Anyway' date=' this mod definitely is a contender in many regards (I hate the idea of mixing/matching the best of everything though, since tiny details and styles differ ... but TPC does it I suppose)

Of course you say that right as post a new thread with mods all mixed up...:wallbash:

Anyway' date=' this mod definitely is a contender in many regards (I hate the idea of mixing/matching the best of everything though, since tiny details and styles differ ... but TPC does it I suppose)

Of course you say that right as post a new thread with mods all mixed up...:wallbash:

:D

The joys of testing... Imagine I do that on a daily basis as a job!

snip/

Stone Wall :

Definitely amb. The colors look more natural, especially in "however you call that area between two rocks in English"

/snip

generally, a few of the many options might be: 'joints', 'seams', 'crevices', 'boundaries', 'interstices' ... probably many more :P

Anyway, this mod definitely is a contender in many regards (I hate the idea of mixing/matching the best of everything though, since tiny details and styles differ ... but TPC does it I suppose)

(Pedantic mode on.) I thought he was referring to mortar - the cement that binds rocks or bricks in place.  If it is empty then yes, crevice or more likely gap is how I would describe them. (Pedantic mode off.)

snip/

Stone Wall :

/snip

Thanks for the info :)

crevice was indeed the word I was thinking of.

the awesome job of testing ...expecially when you see things changing while you test em....

following the discussion here,and in line with some of my impressions after weeks with my textures pack installed... i 'm thinking to update the mod , making some changes....woodplanks and stone pavement mostly, it would take few days since i'm going to release a replacement for imperial armor in these days....but i'll definitely update/upgrade farmhouse :)

Ess ...sorry mate

• 3 weeks later...

HRDLC->STEP Core->AMB->AOF

Interiors

White fur pelt (there is another pelt like this, but darker in the middle so I left it out)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Brown pelt

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Stone Floor

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thatch Roof indoors

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Exteriors

There you go if there is another mod that covers this stuff and doesn't go in some obscure direction then let me know about it and I'll add it to the shots.

This should be moved to the OP. Is there any need for me to do further testing for this? Will edit and post my input on the compares in a bit.