aMidianBorn Farmhouse (by CaBaL)

DoYouEvenModBro

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

What are people's opinions on AMB vs Vivid Landscapes? I had Step:Extended and am picking a few of SR:LE mods, doing the conflict res. myself. They don't cover exactly the same objects but I was looking for a general opinion on which one looks better while remaining immersive. I'm looking for a fairly realistic experience w/ENB, and I imagine I'll end up using a combination of both mods; just wondering which one I want to win most conflicts.

unrelated: I've been trying to figure out why some BBcode appears unformatted in forums for me. It's pretty hard to read paragraphs that include a lot of coloring and such ::P:
e.g. what Tech just said, (I broke the code so it doesn't format for example purposes) "[ color=#ffd700;]Accepted for Core."
I'm using Firefox and I can't find a solution to this anywhere. Maybe I just don't know how to find it. :confused:

Edited by onem4nb4nd

unrelated: I've been trying to figure out why some BBcode appears unformatted in forums for me. It's pretty hard to read paragraphs that include a lot of coloring and such ::P:

e.g. what Tech just said, (I broke the code so it doesn't format for example purposes) "[ color=#ffd700;]Accepted for Core."

I'm using Firefox and I can't find a solution to this anywhere. Maybe I just don't know how to find it. :confused:

I'm pretty sure it's due to a massive change in the forums that has occurred.

There are also a lot of links to threads/posts that no longer work, both in the forums and on the wiki.

There was another version of the farmhouse rock wall texture released by Cabal, but he did it on as a separate mod. I took a couple shots.

STEP (Current AMB Farmhouse wall)->New AMB Farmhouse wall

Rock wall

4rEzfcn.jpgAoEJBfg.jpg

Farmhouse

FysOXiI.jpggBFQF94.jpg

Town walls

X4wYPSb.jpgUL2ePck.jpg

In game the new ones looked a bit nicer to me. There original texture have a shiny characteristic that I never really cared for, but the newer version has toned it down. 

Anyways it's just a color and normal map, but it is used on quite a few ingame objects so I thought I'd test it out.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So can we maybe get some information on this, Mods? Two forum posts have been created and subsequently locked saying this has been talked about, but the only information about it is this post which simply states that it's hidden. Gee, great info, I could never figure that out just by looking at the message that says it's hidden on the Nexus itself. You've locked two threads trying to address a problem by saying the issue has been addressed, but it hasn't. The issue we're facing is not "what happened" the issue is "what do we do?" AMB Farmhouse is a core mod, from what I understand of the STEP Core patch it's not going to work well if you're missing a core component. So how do we resolve this issue? I love STEP and I know full well how difficult moderating to be, but come on, give us some info or help us figure out a solution. Can we ignore it? Is there an alternate mod we can use? What do we do? That is the issue we're trying to resolve, not what happened because, again, that is easily figured out by just reading the nexus page that states it has been hidden.

So can we maybe get some information on this, Mods? Two forum posts have been created and subsequently locked saying this has been talked about, but the only information about it is this post which simply states that it's hidden. Gee, great info, I could never figure that out just by looking at the message that says it's hidden on the Nexus itself. You've locked two threads trying to address a problem by saying the issue has been addressed, but it hasn't. The issue we're facing is not "what happened" the issue is "what do we do?" AMB Farmhouse is a core mod, from what I understand of the STEP Core patch it's not going to work well if you're missing a core component. So how do we resolve this issue? I love STEP and I know full well how difficult moderating to be, but come on, give us some info or help us figure out a solution. Can we ignore it? Is there an alternate mod we can use? What do we do? That is the issue we're trying to resolve, not what happened because, again, that is easily figured out by just reading the nexus page that states it has been hidden.

It's in the Bug Reports topic: https://forum.step-project.com/topic/12252-step-v2100-official-bug-reports/?p=210100