Is there a mod that... (Mod Detectives)

Is there a mod that changes the date and time format when looking at save games? I assume this is hardcoded in the game though.

Another great thing would be the possibility to name saves, but I guess it's the same deal.

You can just rename the savegame file (but don't forget to also rename the corresponding SKSE file) and the new name will appear in game Load  Game interface.

Autosave manager does that.

Here's a special request: Is there a mod that rebuilds the Hall of the Vigilants that usually gets burned down before you even know where it is? I like that place :(

The only mod that affects that building that I'm aware of is this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13725/? 

I've never used it, I just have it on my "interesting mods" list, so I'm not sure whether it actually does anything in regards to rebuilding the hall, or preventing it from being burned down... Maybe contact the author and suggest those features? :)

The only mod that affects that building that I'm aware of is this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/13725/? 

I've never used it, I just have it on my "interesting mods" list, so I'm not sure whether it actually does anything in regards to rebuilding the hall, or preventing it from being burned down... Maybe contact the author and suggest those features? :)

Yeah, I've looked at that mod, but the description makes me think it's still a WIP :P

Guess I'll test it and contact the authors if need be, thanks. ::):

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a mod that, in order to talk to Urag about the Elder Scroll (Main Quest) you don't have to join the College? It's an RPG, why does a non-magic user need to join the College to get on with the questline? It's just an epic fail from Bethesda to just force not only quests at you, that I can tolerate, since you can ignore them, but factions? My level 40 pure warrior has to join a Mage Guild? And I know I can just go to Septimus but how the hell would my character even know of his existence?

phryxolydian, on 18 Apr 2014 - 1:10 PM, said:

Is there a mod that, in order to talk to Urag about the Elder Scroll (Main Quest) you don't have to join the College? It's an RPG, why does a non-magic user need to join the College to get on with the questline? It's just an epic fail from Bethesda to just force not only quests at you, that I can tolerate, since you can ignore them, but factions? My level 40 pure warrior has to join a Mage Guild? And I know I can just go to Septimus but how the hell would my character even know of his existence?

Yes.

College Visitor Pass by Jokiros

QuoteHave you ever been bothered that to finish the main story, or just to use any of the facilities of the College you had to be a fuly fledged member of the guild? Bothered that a warrior can join just by shouting at the floor?Well I was, so I made this mod.This mod changes the conversation with Faralda so that you can bri- donate money to the college to help further its research goals. This of course brings you special benefits, such as the ability to use the college's facilities without being a member. You will not gain access to member exclusive services such as skill training.This allows you to complete quests that would otherwise require you to join the College to complete, despite being otherwise un-related to the College. Some quests however do require membership, I do not have a definitive list however.Whilst doing this I remembered how you could become a member by proving that you are the Dragonborn, I was bothered by this and turned that into another way of gaining a visitor's pass. The shouting to get in route no longer makes you a full member of the college.To become a full member after gaining a visitor's pass you must go back to Faralda and either persuade, or complete the test.

Well received, good reviews...

Compatibility issues and other minor strangeness:Any mod that edits Faralda may be incompatible with this mod, I have not got any of those myself so feedback is welcome.

• +1 1

• 3 weeks later...

Loot collected by NPCs

Do you know a mod that makes NPCs loot fallen hostiles/comrades? I'd like to try out some other mods that add NPCs to Skyrim -- but I don't want their added valuables lying around. If NPCs collected the stuff of their fallen companions or their victims, it would solve the problem of too much loot quite elegantly.

Edited by thommaal

• 1 month later...

Anyone know a mod that stops the ridiculous "Oh hey, are you a wizard?" forcegreet that results from casting a spell with a child present. I've had the little ... treasures ... interrupt me this way in combat.  To say nothing of the one time I silently recast invisible while sneaking, undetected on the upper floor of a house in Windhelm only to have some little brat downstairs forcegreet me - through the floor! - and not let me go until I answered him (and dispelled my own invisibility).

It's got to the point where every time I hear that line I want to install "killable children" purely so I can initiate a murder spree to purge Skyrim of the stumpy little horrors. So far I've settled for disabling them from the console. I make a point of re-enabling them when I'm out of the area. If I remember.

Anyone know a mod that turns this behavior off? Even just turning it back into a normal spoken line would be an improvement.