I'd rather not use COT either. That thing can be a pain in the a$$ to make it compatible with everything since it alters so much of the game (worldspace and all). It's a bit overrated in my experience as well.
Besides all the compatibility hassle, ENB is just the more powerful tool to adjust weathers and can create much better results. Aestetics is always subjective
Do you use the NLA Plugin with ELE weathers? i thought they were incompatible
Enter the shadows and the lights adapt in this enb... it is a very good effect. Only a few ENB have this effect well implemented (Opethfelt, Rudy ENB).
After testing a lot of ENBs this is my favorite now.
- The weather are enhanced with only one ESP. Bye COT.
- The light is very natural, but not desaturated.
- The shadow effect is superb. You can see a shadow in the distance and when you approach the eyes adapt to it and you see it clearly. It is the same effect as Opethfledt but not so exaggerated
- Nights and interiors are dark but you you can still see in the house interiors without a torch.
- The fire are orange not white as other ENBs. I have tested this with ELFx, with RLO+ELE the fire is yellow... but i prefer ELFX.
- It has a lot of effects (cloud effect, sunrays, etc)
- It is very demanding
The NLA weather plugin is not compatible with ELE weathers afaik.
ELFX is also not always optimal for NLA imho as the NLA lighting was designed with vanilla in mind. The Dunken Huntsman for example will get a pinkish tint. But usually ELFX works well with ELE. Imho ELE makes the shadows in NLA way too dark. I'm not sure ELE works properly in NLA as ELE requires ingame imagespaces to be enabled.
Okay, you pulled my leg. I test it tomorrow but I have to say I just tested the Vanilla version of Vividian...not sure I can play without it now!
So I've tried this one out in-game and I don't care for it. It's way too bright (even when the game's brightness turned down), the lantern's glow is far too orange and some shadows are far too dark. I'm sure the plugin is great but the ENB part is not for me.
Interesting! In my personal oppinion NLA was not too bright, did you compare it to the screenshots. It's easy to miss something in the installation when quickly testing multiple ENBs. NLA is more on the side of what I saw in RL then others. Vividian for example is too fantasy for my taste.
The new version of Opethfeldt's and an offspring by Jafin16 look very promising, they are WIP.