Vivid Landscapes - Birthsigns by Aron

rootsrat

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50324/?

A retexture of Standing Stones, no explanation needed here, we all know VL series :)

Not sure if this will be included in the All In One VL pack, so creating separate thread.

Will need compares against Vanilla and current STEP (no mod in STEP mod to covers these currently, apart from a few moss dirt piles (SRO and Re-Defined Dungeons), but no actual stones). I will be able to make them early next week, Mon or Tue.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll volunteer to take these on today. I was going to do the farmhouses, but this looks like much less work. Will be up soon.

This was my plan for today + dragon claws and some other clutter, but the release at work didn't go so well and I'm still stuck in the office unfortunately :/

In the voice of a Mexican Soccer announcer: "SHADOW STRIPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I forget how bad it can be in vanilla, but there is so much of it, and I think it has to do with the parallax textures. Anyways....

HRDLC->VL

Shadow Stone near, showing off the Rift

Posted ImagePosted Image

Shadow Stone far

Posted ImagePosted Image

Atronach Stone near, showing off the low area with the hot springs, I forget the name

Posted ImagePosted Image

Atronach Stone far

Posted ImagePosted Image

Steed Stone near, showing off some snow

Posted ImagePosted Image

Steed Stone far

Posted ImagePosted Image

Guardian Stones near

Posted ImagePosted Image

Same, but with a stone activated might be the next one over

Posted ImagePosted Image

Guardian Stones near again, different stone because it is in a shadow... ooooooohhhh....

Posted ImagePosted Image

Same Guardian stone activated

Posted ImagePosted Image

Guardian Stone far

Posted ImagePosted Image

It can be hard to see the VL stones in vanilla lighting, they have a lot of shadow stripping and I really can't express enough in screenshots how bad it is. I'll try to play around with some stuff to improve it, but vanilla is vanilla.

You know, many times we are discounting parallax mods due to having to use vanilla only. Why is it that STEP hasn't recommended ENBoost + Shadows and Parallax Enabled only at least? It would alleviate said problems and doesn't come with a huge perf hit.