CFG Maker

venkman781

I've used the same method that doveman posted when lowering ugridstoload, and it works fine. The main problem with some of the instructions out on the net is that they give console commands to change the ugrids value and then save the ini. That is the biggest cause of corrupted configs as the saveini command does not behave as one would suspect.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the biggest cause of corrupted configs as the saveini command does not behave as one would suspect.

Particularly when using Mod Organiser, when in fact Tannin42 advises not to use the console ini commands at all.

This is worth adding to the troubleshooting section, I think. Everybody loves playing with their uGrids, and there will be problems with people following the dodgy guides that involve the saveini command. So we're suggesting alt-tabbing out of the game, editing the ini, back to the game, refreshini, then save?

This is worth adding to the troubleshooting section, I think. Everybody loves playing with their uGrids, and there will be problems with people following the dodgy guides that involve the saveini command. So we're suggesting alt-tabbing out of the game, editing the ini, back to the game, refreshini, then save?

Exactly.