NifSkope & Mod Organizer

judge0

Question

Surprised I didn't see some sort of mention about this, but NifSkope appears to be unable to recognize the virtual file system of Mod Organizer.

Does anyone know of a way/workaround to get NifSkope loading textures when working on meshes? 

NifSkope is version 1.1.3 (latest stable), and I could find nothing searching the internet on this subject.

Thanks

7 answers to this question

If I understand you correctly, this results in "purple" texture in-game.

I read your statement as " set texture paths in Nifskope to 'Mod Organizer/mods/modname/texture path/texturefilename'"

That allows me to see the textures in NifSkope while working in NifSkope, but purple in-game.

Thanks for responding.

Ah okay. I thought you only meant how to get the textures to show inside nifskope!

What I normally do is create my new mesh, texture mix, and then create a new mod in MO and load them in like any other mod to test them ingame.

If they are still purple after that then some texture path on the actual mesh is not properly setup.

Hope that is a bit more clear, or just let me know!

not sure what you mean by working blind.

I can get the texture both showing in nifskope preview, and inside the game just fine.

For the preview I just link to the MO mods folder that contains the texture, and then I have GIMP setup so I save to that dir as well. So I can edit the texture on the fly as well as the mesh. Just make sure that a mod folder for your work is already created and contains both meshes and textures and you got it all. Also ofc. make sure it is lowest in the priority order so that if it shares a name with a vanilla resource that you overwrite.

I honestly do not see what more you would want.

Not sure if any one is interested in this topic any more but going to post just in case...

What I have done that works fairly well for me is create my own folder in ... \common\skyrim\mod organizer\My Textures and Meshes  

In this file I  have a texture and a mesh folder.  Then I just place the textures and/or meshes I am working on in these folders.  I have assigned the "My Textures and Meshes" folder the highest priority and the last load order position. This allows me to work on textures (or meshes) without touching the original files.  This seems to make Mod Organizer, Nifskope, Gimp and Skyrim all happy.  When they are all happy :woot: .... I am happy. ::D:

Hope this helps someone out there.....