STEP v2.2.8 Official Bug Reports

z929669

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez' date=' ok, ok! I am just a bit overwhelmed with informations today![/quote']

Octopuss, I have watched you for a number of weeks. You have crossed tremendous quantities of online terrain, looking for clarifications and answers in a world that seemingly abandons documentation practices. On the Nexus forums you ask questions. On the STEP forums you ask questions. On both you've been caught offering advice and other useful deeds such as bug reports and load order clarifications. The modding world is harsh, complex, and the men standing guard are bitter and battle-worn due to the efforts of a war neverending.

Thank you for your patience. Thank you for your curiosity. Thank you for the rare courage it takes to ask questions until you feel comfortable with the information.

Some of us are watching and your growth as a gamer .. and modder .. is inspiring.

I think he/she has to be a poet, writer or Language teacher.... The play with words give me that impression anyway.

/ var=rant

/ initialize (rant)

As far as questions guys/gals, the only thing I and some of the other staff members get annoyed about, regarding questions, are questions with answers that can easily be found with a slight bit of research or doing the work yourselves. At some point users have to become somewhat self-sufficient and learn to do things on their own. Then when something more difficult arises or you can't solve the problem yourself after working on it for a while, then seek help.

An example would be: "How does mod ABC compare to mod XYZ in style and features?" This and related questions come up quite often. These answers can easily be discovered by putting in the work yourselves, reading the mod pages and trying out both mods in-game. The phrase, "God helps those who help themselves" comes to mind. Apply this in your lives. If you try to find the answer yourself and put forth the effort, but still can't figure it out, then you ask for help. We learn things by making mistakes and then learning from those mistakes. Trial and error.

/end (rant)

The modding world is harsh' date=' complex, and the men standing guard are bitter and battle-worn due to the efforts of a war neverending.[/quote']

I am completely unable to tell whether you're actually being sarcastic or totally serious here.

But just in case you're serious, the TES modding scene is actually the most newbie-friendly of all the modding communities I've seen. Most mods' pages have detailed instructions, everything's easy to get the hang of (especially with guides such as STEP and SR:LE), and there's always people ready to help you with the issues you might encounter or answer your questions. (As long as said questions aren't just the result of laziness to test a mod yourself, or even look at the mod description anyway)

You should have a look at the Minecraft modding community, or even better: The C&C one. *shudders*

The modding world is harsh' date=' complex' date=' and the men standing guard are bitter and battle-worn due to the efforts of a war neverending.[/quote'']

I am completely unable to tell whether you're actually being sarcastic or totally serious here.

But just in case you're serious, the TES modding scene is actually the most newbie-friendly of all the modding communities I've seen. Most mods' pages have detailed instructions, everything's easy to get the hang of (especially with guides such as STEP and SR:LE), and there's always people ready to help you with the issues you might encounter or answer your questions. (As long as said questions aren't just the result of laziness to test a mod yourself, or even look at the mod description anyway)

You should have a look at the Minecraft modding community, or even better: The C&C one. *shudders*

I'd have to agree with you here. I've barely seen any arrogant or dismissive people on here. Even the Nexus is pretty newb-friendly.

BP is part of Wrye Bash' date=' so you will need to read the MO guide about adding WB as an executable and creating the BP. This is also detailed near the end of the STEP Guide.[/color']
I tried to google around and every single source said it was only important if you used Wrye Bash' date=' somehow. Now I am not necessarily saying the internets are true, but if it was so important for everyone to do, wouldn't someone mention it?

What are the bad things that will happen to me if I don't do it?[/quote']

do it

Jeez' date=' ok, ok! I am just a bit overwhelmed with informations today![/quote']

... I was pointing out that if you had followed the STEP Guide, you would not be Googling Wrye Bash and whether or not you need it. Obviously, we think that you do, and your Googling will either take you to this very site or some other spurious post on a forum where some user is speculating and potentially leading you down some road to nowhere.

Just follow the STEP Guide and post questions (in the appropriate forum) on anything that is not clear in the guide or on anything not referenced in the guide.

;)

Soul Gems Differ - E.esp and Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp are not recognized by BOSS. There are no instructions on their placements. Is bottom of the list okay or do need to instruct users to place them somewhere as we do for SkyFalls and the Closed Face helmet patch?

BOSS recognized Combat Sounds 2.2 for me...

Add MoveitLWT.esp to that list above.

I tried external BOSS. Worked okay. The internal Sort feature for MO is not recognizing them, tho.

Hmmmm. Well I always run BOSS through MO (as in I launch the external boss through MO). I never use the internal MO 'sort' option. I figured it was safer to always go externally so that it always checks for the latest masterlist :P.