STEP v2.2.8 Official Bug Reports

z929669

Thanks for the quick responses!

@z929669

Yeah, you may double check it yourself if you want. I've installed STEP in the previous days and I double checked them today before I post.

One more question, is there a rough ETA for 2.2.9?

Thanks again.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello to all! First post here, so firstly I will like to thank everyone who's involved in this great project.

I just recently install STEP Extended and I found the below trivial "bugs".

Relatively to the "Quality Options" column of the guide:

• Ultimate HD Fire Effects has both LQ and HQ versions
  • AMidianBorn Caves and Mines has no LQ version
  • HQ Snow has a HQ version
  • Terrain Bump has a HQ version
  • Visible Windows has a HQ version
  • Whiterun Trellis Redesigned has both LQ and HQ versions
  • 83Willows 101BugsHD has a HQ version
  • Natural Eyes has a HQ version
  • Better Circlets has a HQ version
  • Elemental Staffs has a HQ version
  • Shield of Ysgramor has a HQ version in the installer
  • Ultimate HD Torch has a HQ version
  • Deadly Spell Impacts has both LQ and HQ versions
  • Intricate Spider Webs - change HQ to LQ because there is no higher quality but there is a lower quality
Also in

• XP32 Maximum Skeleton (Detailed instructions) - at 2nd bullet: the right page is "Dagger Placement" not "XPMS".
  • Vibrant Auroras missing a STEP recommended option (x2 or x1.5).
  • Thieves Guild Requirements clarification/recommendation of version to install (1.5 or 2BETA).
Finally I have a question about the bashed patch.

When building/rebuilding the patch, should we check every box for the "Merge Patches", "Import Names" and "Import Stats" in the right pane of the window. And if so, for the "Merged Patches" there are two esps "moveitLWT" and "Traps Make Noise" that will get merged. In Wrye Bash they appear with a cross inside their boxes afterwards (which I think means that the changes of the mods are merged in the bashed patch). In MO the two esps are deactivated automatically. Do we leave them like that?

That's all. Sorry for the lengthy post and again thanks to all for this great project and community!

Terrain Bump does not have a HQ option. Just the author has the old version file still in main files. The rest I've verified and fixed. The other three issues I've known about the last two but don't know how to solve. The first one (XPMS) I thought we had fixed, but should check.

As to Wrye Bash, you should merge patches and check those boxes. Leave those two esps deactivated in MO, as they have been merged into the Bashed Patch.

Thanks for the quick responses!

@z929669

Yeah, you may double check it yourself if you want. I've installed STEP in the previous days and I double checked them today before I post.

One more question, is there a rough ETA for 2.2.9?

Thanks again.

2.2.9 is supposed to refine the Extended portion of the Guide. We are working on it, but I'm guessing it'll be a month or two. Main thing will be the forum software switch here soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...