STEP v2.2.8 Official Bug Reports

z929669

Amb ebony is for the plugin that allows multiple ebony sets, I believe. I usually play ranger characters that use light armor, so I'm not sure if we use that. Also, CCOR is incompatible with that AMB plugin, and you have to use the AMB content add-on thingy that was uploaded recently.

I guess I was using the tighter eye holes without even realizing it, and just added the plugin to the mod's page. I removed it until we figure out what to use.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry' date=' this is not a bug' date=' but rather a general question for the release. I'm not complaining, but are the BCF files going to be maintained for WB users? If not, why have them on the 2.2.8 guide at all? Eventually, a handful of them will be obsolete, right? I'm only asking since you guys said that MO 2.2.8 onward will be MO focused. Thanks :P.[/quote'']

This has been a thorn in my side for a long time. Basically it's been nearly impossible to get a staff member that still uses BCFs to check this out. WilliamImm was doing this for a while I think, but he hasn't been around a great deal (like myself but for separate reasons) to help with that. If going forward will be MO focused, then I would vote to do away with the BCFs and replace them with FOMODs, if need be, which is more geared towards MO. I can write the FOMODs when I return from my no-computer sabbatical.

I've used BCF files for three reasons:

• to support users with Wrye Bash as a mod manager (of course, meanwhile STEP is moving toward MO since it has several unique useful features for STEP installs)
  • to selectively keep individual files from being installed from a mod archive (unlike WB, MO can do this with manual mod installs; is there a more automated way that MO can do this?)
  • to create a single mod installation files that combine multiple archive files associated with a single mod; e.g., combining the Elemental Staffs mod and its update, or the Skill Interface Retexture and its Dawnguard addon. (I haven't seen any simple automated way to do this other than BCF files. I think we should use BCFs for this more often unless there is an alternate way to do this; I haven't seen anyone do this with Fomods. IMO it's probably the most useful capability of BCFs for use with STEP.)

In the 'SemiAutoSTEP News' thread MilesTeg (who is/was working on a semi automated mod installer) mentioned that he had written a BCF reader (by using code from WB). He also mentioned that he had written a small python based MO plugin. A month ago I did some digging in the NMM importer code  (c++ plugin) and creating a mod is pretty easy (MO does the hard work for you). Ofc since then RL has caused that I didn't start enhancing the importer and NOW I desperately want to play Skyrim again (last time over a year ago).

Though I feel its important to encourage ppl to use MO perhaps a working BCF installer would be a good thing if this would allow WB and MO to install mods using the same BCF. Just my 2 eurocent.

Amb ebony is for the plugin that allows multiple ebony sets, I believe. I usually play ranger characters that use light armor, so I'm not sure if we use that. Also, CCOR is incompatible with that AMB plugin, and you have to use the AMB content add-on thingy that was uploaded recently.

I guess I was using the tighter eye holes without even realizing it, and just added the plugin to the mod's page. I removed it until we figure out what to use.

So we dont' need the midianborn compatibility patch unless we're using the plugin from book of silence that allows for different ebony sets to be crafted, right?

So we dont' need the midianborn compatibility patch unless we're using the plugin from book of silence that allows for different ebony sets to be crafted, right?
It is something like that. kryptopyr's WAF description provides some important hints I think. If she drops by here, she can probably school us all

Does it hurt to activate a patch for a mod that you don't have. For example, I don't use the ebony differently.esp from Book of Silence, only the Gold Ebony Version....and I use this patch anyway...so basically it is patching nothing. Does this just do nothing? Or is this messing my game up and I don't even know?

Does it hurt to activate a patch for a mod that you don't have. For example, I don't use the ebony differently.esp from Book of Silence, only the Gold Ebony Version....and I use this patch anyway...so basically it is patching nothing. Does this just do nothing? Or is this messing my game up and I don't even know?

Bro... This:

BUG REPORTS ONLY PLEASE!

Please post this in General Support forums.

Does it hurt to activate a patch for a mod that you don't have. For example' date=' I don't use the ebony differently.esp from Book of Silence' date=' only the Gold Ebony Version....and I use this patch anyway...so basically it is patching nothing. Does this just do nothing? Or is this messing my game up and I don't even know?[/quote'']

Bro... This:

BUG REPORTS ONLY PLEASE!

Please post this in General Support forums.

Ok.

I renamed a bunch more mods with ampersands in the name, plus I added all the post release name changes to the changelog. Good idea to keep a log of them if we can. It will help us pick up on any redirects that don't go right.

Also, removed the note about AOS.esp being loaded last for sound mods. It isn't needed with the STEP Patches or the AOS Patches if users need them.

I renamed a bunch more mods with ampersands in the name, plus I added all the post release name changes to the changelog. Good idea to keep a log of them if we can. It will help us pick up on any redirects that don't go right.

Also, removed the note about AOS.esp being loaded last for sound mods. It isn't needed with the STEP Patches or the AOS Patches if users need them.

Many thanks!

Okay, I think we are done with page name changes and updated the changelog.

That link on the changelog helps so much when I'm doing changes, thanks z!

Thanks! I see you also found the ones I changed earlier. The guide never looked better :D
Agreed

mod "Burn Freeze Shock Effect".  This mod has been known to cause to issues, so it is highly recommended to use the Skyrim Memory Patch 3.0. Also install the optional Dragonborn Dawnguard file.

4.A. Troubleshooting Common Problems states "The STEP team has decided to wait on recommending which version to use until the Skyrim Script Extender team has finished testing their implementation of the patch.".

This seems to contradict with each other.

Note: I'm using 'Skyrim Memory Patch 3.0' with GREAT success. With 2.2.6 I had a very ambitious setup with LOTS of ctd's/ils and I quit with it. I was using ENBBOOST at that time but not ugridtoload (now I do). I now have (more or less) the same ambitious setup with extra mods which spawn NPC's (the whole populated series). Yesterday there was a battle between stormcloaks and imperial soldiers (approx guessed 60+ npc's) and it went GREAT without a ctd, but ofc dip in FPS.

Memory Blocks Log by Sheson allows you to find the value for the first and second block. Although strangely my max block1 value is around 180 MB and so the mem patch should not be needed. But that a discussion for another thread.

Lock Overhaul. Should it not state requires SKSE?

Note: When downloading a popup window is shown that you need SKSE and SkyUI is needed so the user is already warned....

Though the following confuses me "For best compatibility this mod automaticly identifies plugins and changes the behaviour of this mod to be compatible. (currently included plugins: SKSE, SkyRe". If the check is done at install, does this work at all with MO's virtual filing sytem. Iirc SkyUI didn't/doesn't recognize SKSE at install due to the VFS of MO.

Note: Should I reduce the spamming, let me know....