v2.2.9 Development

z929669

So I did some digging into SRO and HRDLC with The Compressonator's comparison tool and found a ton of identical files. I'm thinking that a lot of those files were probably left there because Starac was going to work on them and decided against it, but forgot to delete them. Anyways, it creates a situation where there are HRDLC textures that may be overwriting textures from other mods ahead of it from Serious HD or something like that.

I've included a couple spreadsheets that show the comparison for the SRO 1k with HRDLC and the SRO 2k with HRDLC since I have both from the old days. None of these are optimized either.

HRDLC-SROCompares.7z

So I did some digging into SRO and HRDLC with The Compressonator's comparison tool and found a ton of identical files. I'm thinking that a lot of those files were probably left there because Starac was going to work on them and decided against it, but forgot to delete them. Anyways, it creates a situation where there are HRDLC textures that may be overwriting textures from other mods ahead of it from Serious HD or something like that.

I've included a couple spreadsheets that show the comparison for the SRO 1k with HRDLC and the SRO 2k with HRDLC since I have both from the old days. None of these are optimized either.

Yes, I created a BAT that removes the redundancies (on a forum post somewhere around here). If you are using SRO optimal torrent, then those redundancies should not exist.

Okay, I've gone through the new UPP stuff and updated the STEP Patches.

Argonian Tail Twist is confirmed, thanks lubojart. Also, I've removed any differences I saw between WAF and UPP, so we can add the Names and Stats tagging back to the Bashed Patch. This will not affect anything, but WAF will need manual Names tagging or LOTS of names get overwritten.

Also, No NPC Greeting will need to get dropped do to being in the next STEP Patch, author's page said to do whatever, so one less plugin and download. We need to come up with a nice Wiki page or something to list all the mods we end absorbing. Most of them will probably be small mods.

Okay, I've gone through the new UPP stuff and updated the STEP Patches.

Argonian Tail Twist is confirmed, thanks lubojart. Also, I've removed any differences I saw between WAF and UPP, so we can add the Names and Stats tagging back to the Bashed Patch. This will not affect anything, but WAF will need manual Names tagging or LOTS of names get overwritten.

Also, No NPC Greeting will need to get dropped do to being in the next STEP Patch, author's page said to do whatever, so one less plugin and download. We need to come up with a nice Wiki page or something to list all the mods we end absorbing. Most of them will probably be small mods.

Please post on the 2.2.8 bugfix thread when you want me to update the Nexus Patches ... not sure if you are doing 2.2.9 here or 2.2.8

Sorry' date=' was posting on two things I guess. The idea about doing something for mods that get absorbed by the STEP Patch, like setting something up on a wiki page was for 2.2.9.[/quote']

What about adding a Credits section to the STEP nexus page?  I think mentioning the mods and the authors on both the nexus page and at the top of the STEP Patch wiki page would be a good way to give credit and recognition for their work.

Sorry' date=' was posting on two things I guess. The idea about doing something for mods that get absorbed by the STEP Patch' date=' like setting something up on a wiki page was for 2.2.9.[/quote'']

What about adding a Credits section to the STEP nexus page?  I think mentioning the mods and the authors on both the nexus page and at the top of the STEP Patch wiki page would be a good way to give credit and recognition for their work.

That is a good idea.

@SRB

If you supply a list of mods/authors in the ReadMe, I will add to Nexus description and the STEP Guide as well.

Sorry' date=' was posting on two things I guess. The idea about doing something for mods that get absorbed by the STEP Patch' date=' like setting something up on a wiki page was for 2.2.9.[/quote'']

Kinda want to do a wiki page, the problem with the STEP Patches page is that it is a form and it might need a different section that can be edited to list that stuff or else it all goes under recommendations. The Nexus page is also a good place.

That is a good idea.

@SRB

If you supply a list of mods/authors in the ReadMe, I will add to Nexus description and the STEP Guide as well.

So far it is just the two SMIM plugins and that mod still requires install, and the No NPC Greetings mod which no longer needs to be installed. My idea is that it should add more as we move toward 2.2.9, 2.3.0... Overall if we can reduce the time it takes to do STEP by reducing downloads and installs by a significant amount, then I've done my job.

I'm still not against putting together a compilation type thing when we get some more people back and I have more time to do that. I'm sure there are more than a few authors that would allow us to pack up their stuff. Guys, like SP and people that don't really mod Skyrim anymore would probably give permission.

Any mods fully integrated within the STEP Core Patch should be cited in the acknowledgements (bottom of STEP Guide itself). I am still not thinking about STEP:Extended ... we may package that up as a Pack anyway ... this would serve as a good template for Pack authors too, and get people more focused onto STEP:Core and its relevance (and our staff more focused on Packs and their maintenance).

This is our final step towards 2.3.0' date=' which will fully integrate Packs and the new paradigm alluded to in our Nexus article.

[...] (and our staff more focused on Packs and their maintenance).

Out of curiosity: What do you mean by pack maintenance and integration (I think I saw 'support' as well)?