v2.2.9 Development

z929669

2.3.0 Guide is under construction, same as 2.2.9 Guide. We decided to put both up for construction since 2.3.0 shall remove Extended from the Guide and be only Core mods, linking to an Extended in Pack format. 2.2.9 shall help settle Extended, and 2.3.0 shall help settle Packs. Neither are complete and neither should be used. That's what the warning at the top of the page is there for.

If you guys are Planning on using IHSS a user on the Nexus by the name of moirai found out how to fix the horse step sound skipping:

moirai
With regards to the few seconds of silence one experiences every once in a while with horse footsteps, this seems to be down to sound priority. I've found that pretty much every time the footsteps sound cuts out it's because the game is playing an additional sound, ambient or otherwise. This tends to suggest that it's limited on the number of concurrent sound channels and is swapping the sound out to make 'room' for another.

Point being; I've found that changing the priority of the horse footstep sounds to highest (1) in the Sound Descriptor form has effectively solved the issue for me, as they are now taking priority over most other sounds. As it is, I haven't experienced the few seconds silence issue since I made the change, even when riding long distances.

Don't know if you are already aware of this but that fixed the problem for me.

Edited by Domiel

Out if curiosity, wouldn't that "fix" just make other background sounds cut off instead? Sounds with lower priorities (which might not be as noticeable).

Haven't thought about but it, but if that case - if there's and ini setting to get the game to use more sound channels would also theoretically "fix" this. Downside of that is that it'll take more resources. However as ENB seems to be the biggest cpu hog atm that might not be a problem.

Well, I think it's more realistic, that you miss a wolf snarl at you, when galloping on a road, than having your horse magically muffle it's hooves because then you might be able to hear the wolf snarl at you... not the first time, but maybe the second time... ;)

Its just unbearable after a while. All your waiting for is that missing hooves sound......And the way I see it, it will just prioritize hooves sounds higher than another, less important sound farther away from you. Maybe there is a downside but someone with more knowledge about the Skyrim sound engine would need to answer it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...