Most people will surely have seen it coming by now, but I'm sorry to say that this guide is now officially dead.
There are plenty of reasons behind this, the most important ones being :
- The lack of time/motivation to keep the guide updated (This applies both to Nearox and me, I would assume). As it turned out, uni life in France takes a heavier toll on my free time than I expected.
- The absence of an internet connection which makes it very difficult for me download all those big mods and keep them updated (I'm relying on wifi hotspots atm)
- The final nail in the coffin which was the inclusion of Immersive Citizens in STEP; That mod is virtually incompatible with half of the mods in the guide. patching some of them would in fact be relatively easy, but mods such as ETaC or JK's would take hundreds of hours to patch (and would need updates to these patches every time a mod is updated).
I know that missjennabee has released a patch for IC, but I'm afraid it is nowhere near perfect to say the least (even though I only checked it on Tes5Edit, not in the actual game). It seems to just fix the most blatant issues, which is good for most people but doesn't really hold up to the STEP standards.
But ultimately I would like to thank everyone who supported this guide. I've really learned a lot more about modding by creating it, and it enabled me to finally give something back for this great community. I'm really grateful to all the people who participated in this thread.
And I'd like to especially thank Nearox for co-authoring the guide and going through all of those hundreds of mods with me at the start of the project, as well as all the following people (in no particular order) as I consider REGS to be the result of our collective effort :
MonoAccipiter, Gandaganza, Keithinhanoi, Kelmych, Astakos, Malouz, Noobzor, Thernn, TheBloke, & Ogham.
That's pretty much all I have to say... D:
If anyone is interested in reviving the guide, I would gladly welcome the offer and even help with theoretical knowledge (especially concerning the process of patching mods/navmeshes)
You can read it and download the patches here.
Let's be honest here, Skyrim might be a great game, but it is nonetheless lacking when it comes to the world itself. The villages and cities seem incomplete, the number of quests is pretty limited if you remove the guilds stuff and the generic FedEx/favor quests.
This pack will cover all cities and towns and limit itself to clean/cleanable mods (sadly, a lot of quest mods murder the game’s navmeshes)
It aims to better the game overall by improving the cities and towns, as well as adding a few quests, without derailing from the vanilla feel, or modifying any of the player homes (that way you’re still able to install any house mod you wish to)
Mods that add giant factories, airships, overpowered items, crazy followers etc. are deliberately left out.
Compatibility notes: This pack aims to be fully compatible with STEP: Core, STEP: Extended, and other gameplay/visual packs such as SR:LE.
The pack will provide you with:
- An easy installing and patching process, with the inclusion of a FOMOD installer for all available patches.
- Brand new and fixed navmeshes for all the mods that needed it.
- Cleaned and CTD-free mods.
- Conflict resolution.
- Grey face bug fixes.
- Optimal mod combinations
- Proper NPC behaviour packages.
- Removed incompatible or low quality content.
- Revamped versions of outdated mods.
- The Explorer's Guide has been made explicitly compatible with:
- STEP Core
- STEP Extended
- Better Fast Travel - Carriages and Ships
- Touring Carriages
- Mods currently included :
- Expanded Towns and Cities
- Nernie's Cities
- Better City Entrances and Better Docks
- Dawn of.. Series
- Most of ThirteenOranges places mods
- Cutting Room Floor
- Immersive Settlements
- Immersive College of Winterhold
- ...As well as many other great mods.
Have a look at the wiki for a full list of the included features.
Edited by TechAngel85, 04 December 2015 - 10:20 PM.