2932 replies to this topic

#2926 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:42 PM

Great news, REGS has always been my favorite pack.

It's great that you like it so much

I am currently working on a SSE setup and packs for that, very much WIP. REGS has always been a great inspiration for quest/city/world mods for me so I'm very glad for this. I see you are keeping REGS compatible with ICAIO. I had personally decided to drop ICAIO to be able to use worldspace mods without issues, but seeing the mods currently on the list and that you will use ICAIO, I will add it back. How do you deal with worldspace conflicts where ICAIO and another mod edits the same object?

As Shurah explained in some posts on STEP, at least as I understand them, ICAIO is concerned with navmesh and navigation records for individual points in the worldspace. It uses scripts, and does not include direct replacements of objects in the ICAIO plugin itself. The scripts are very adaptive and change NPC behavior while the game runs. As described in the ICAIO article referenced on the Nexus page, for each location there are three levels of potential script coverage, and in the locations with more extensive script coverage it could be rather difficult to prevent compatibility problems. The current "lite" version of ICAIO, and the behaviors provided by the scripts for most locations in Skyrim (shown in yellow in the location list), are supposed to be compatible with almost any location mod. It includes only 3 behaviors, combat style for an NPC and two behaviors similar to those provided by the "Run for your Lives", "When Vampires Attack", and "Wet and Cold' . The updated REGS guide includes location mods for the "yellow" locations. REGS also includes a few location mods for the green locations (full ICAIO behavior support) but all of these are explicitly noted by the authors and/or the ICAIO compatibility list as being compatible with the full ICAIO capabilities.

Long answer; hope it helps.

Possible additions, artmoor's village mods? I haven't tried them myself. Beyond Skyrim - Bruma. Again, I haven't tried it.

Last question, do you have any plans on an SSE version?

There are many good location mods already available for SSE including some mods in the updated REGS guide, but currently they have limited gameplay (vs. visual and NPC script) improvements since SKSE isn't available and there is no SkyUI equivalent in part because it relies on SKSE. ETaC uses both of these as do a number of other REGS mods. I'm hoping that the SKSE developers haven't give up; after a while we may need to revisit this. 

#2927 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 03:25 PM

It nice to see a REGS update.

Thanks. I also like the SRLE Extended LOTD guide, especially the detailed integration across the guide.

We did try and use as much as REGS as we could that didn't heavily impact on FPS.

I will just say that Apple Green was dropped from SRLE LOTD ages ago due to me not liking it all that much. However there is still a patch for CACO for it on our Nexus Page which I am happy for you to use it as you see fit I am sure Astakos wouldn't mind either (he was the original author of the patch best double check with him to make sure).

I use the CACO patch for Apple Garden. I also use and really like the mix of landscape mods in "Trees and Flora Merged.esp", but for REGS I'd rather include a version of the Apple Garden CACO patch with the individual master which I think is "Unique Flowers and Plants", but I'm not sure. I can change the master in Wrye Bash, but what is the actual master for the patch? Of course, once we start looking at what mods should be in REGS I don't know what happens with Apple Garden but at the moment it is in the guide.

Also just beware that our CR Subguide hasn't been updated since early March and is unlikely to be updated again (at least I wont. Darth wont nor Nozzer)

I found it useful as I was working on a REGS patch, and I referenced it since ELFX users will find some assistance in it even though it isn't complete.

#2928 darkside

darkside

High King

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for the update!!!

#2929 DarkladyLexy

DarkladyLexy

Jarl

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 03:02 AM

I use the CACO patch for Apple Garden. I also use and really like the mix of landscape mods in "Trees and Flora Merged.esp", but for REGS I'd rather include a version of the Apple Garden CACO patch with the individual master which I think is "Unique Flowers and Plants", but I'm not sure. I can change the master in Wrye Bash, but what is the actual master for the patch? Of course, once we start looking at what mods should be in REGS I don't know what happens with Apple Garden but at the moment it is in the guide.

Sorry but i can't rightfully remember and I am unable to to check for you. Ataskos was the one who originally created that patch so he might know.

#2930 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:03 PM

Fantastic! Thanks for the update. It's awesome to see that there is still life in REGS. It's always been one of my favourite packs.

Thanks for the update!!!

Thanks for the support. I'm looking to forward to your comments and discussions as we look at possible additions and changes.

#2931 vidalia

vidalia

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:08 AM

Glad to see REGS getting an update.

As for suggestions I am currently using the following (with ICAIO Lite)

Bells of Skyrim     (http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/84740/?) - compatible with JK Lite/Superlite

Solitude Skyway  (http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/77346/?) - requires a patch for Legacy

Northern Marsh and Bridges  (http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/77476/?)

Windhelm Docks Pathways (http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/75232/?)

Riften Docks Pathways (http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/75521/?)

Settlements Expanded (http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/78305/?) - compatible with Arthmoor's village mods, requires patches for No Snow and RS Children Overhaul

Bells of Skyrim may currently not be compatible with the full version of ICAIO

#2932 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:06 AM

I am currently compiling the suggestions made over the past few years in the REGS discussions and building a spreadsheet for the mods covering existing locations such as the cities, towns, settlement, mines, etc that are supported by Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul, the vanilla locations that are not covered by ICAIO, new Skyrim or Solstheim locations, and new lands. I'm hoping this can be used to have some interesting discussions on what make sense to add or possibly remove from the guide. If there are other mods that should also be included let us know.

Suggestions for mods that are primarily quest mods are also being compiled, but the spreadsheet won't include these yet. So many of these have been suggested for addition or removal that it is hard to have good discussions since typically few of us have used any particular mod.

Choices of which enhancement mods to use are often highly dependent on each user's interests. A few of these that I have used (so their capabilities and limitations are understood) and find quite useful will be added as optional mods. All of the ones added to the REGS guide will be compatible with full ICAIO functionality.

#2933 Kelmych

Kelmych

Dragon King

• Super Moderators
  • 3,759 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:25 PM

Now that the guide is active again it's time for discussions on what should be added or removed. Some enhancement mods have been added, but little has been done with the location mods other than some editing to improve compatibility with Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul (ICAIO).

A REGS mod spreadsheet is now available on Google Docs here. It includes mods that have been recommended in this thread over the past few years plus a few recent mods that seem relevant. The location section is organized by locations, with one or more rows per location.  It shows which mods currently in REGS and those that have been recommended provide content for which locations. One of the discussion questions is how much coverage of these locations should be included in REGS. Currently REGS covers most of the vanilla locations, but there are still some for which location mods could be added. The spreadsheet shows which locations are covered by ICAIO and the extent of the coverage.

The main focus of nearterm efforts will be on location mods. The second tab includes other recommendations to be addressed later that have been made for possible inclusion in REGS. There are a lot of quest mods of course.

Comments on this topic and suggested additions (or removals) to the spreadsheet are encouraged.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users