Mod Organizer Guide

frihyland

Yes I am noticing that everybody who makes an account have full access (even me). Isn't it unsafe?

They can allways go back a step if something was wrong.

And if people abuse it I think they will revoke it.

But as long as people dont abuse it and do good additions it will help only more wont it? ;)

Yes I am noticing that everybody who makes an account have full access (even me). Isn't it unsafe?

This was done so that everyone could contribute without needing to go through an admin/Wiki Editor.  The main guide and the pages used to support it are protected from normal editing though, so don't worry about those.  While having the Wiki open does present some risk, the fact that forum registration is required deters a lot of the automated spammers and RecentChanges let's us track any change made to any page.  Even if a user goes in and blanks every page he can find, us admins can undo everything that user has done with a single click.  So with us, and hopefully a few dedicated users, watching we should be able to minimize any possible vandalism/spam. 

Can anyone help me with using Automatic Variants in Mod Organizer please?

I installed AV and the AV packages via MO, so obviously each one got it's own folder. Do I need to move all the packs into the respective folders in the main AV folder in my MO Mods folder for it to work correctly?

::EDIT::

Ignore, I found a solution. You need to install AV via MO and enable the esp in MO. Then copy all the contents to Skyrim/Data folder and install the desired AV packages to Skyrim\Data folder. Then you need to configure your executables for AV in MO to point at your proper Skyrim install folder, so that you run AV through MO but the Automatic Variants.jar file it's run from Skyrim Data folder. Then you select your packages, generate the patch (AV esp file) and it will put it into MO's Overwirte folder, which will in effect overwrite the previously activated AV esp file.

Can anyone help me with using Automatic Variants in Mod Organizer please?

I installed AV and the AV packages via MO, so obviously each one got it's own folder. Do I need to move all the packs into the respective folders in the main AV folder in my MO Mods folder for it to work correctly?

No should work fine separately. Due to how the patcher works though the textures from the av packs will be moved into overwrite... so don't be surprised. :)

For some reason i'm having difficulty seeing Papyrus logs using Mod Organizer.  I run the game through ATTK in the MO executable, and I  enabled papyrus logging in skyrim.ini.  However after 3 playthroughs, it still has not created a directory. 

Is this a MO issue?

Hi,

I have a question concerning MO and corrupted saves.

I use MO and everything works perfect...but I can't uninstall mods. When I untick an .esp and then load a save game, the "Content missing" window pops up and freezes. Doesn't matter how tiny the mod is. Mod missing...game freezes.

When I activate it again...game runs normal.

I don't know if this is the rigth place to ask this question, but I couldn't find a comparable problem in other post...so...Is it MO or is it something else. Am I missing a step to uninstall/deactivate mods? Anyone know? Can help? Or direct redirect me somewhere?

(Never had that problem with NNM, only with really deep impact mods)

Thanks

Hi,

I have a question concerning MO and corrupted saves.

I use MO and everything works perfect...but I can't uninstall mods. When I untick an .esp and then load a save game, the "Content missing" window pops up and freezes. Doesn't matter how tiny the mod is. Mod missing...game freezes.

When I activate it again...game runs normal.

I don't know if this is the rigth place to ask this question, but I couldn't find a comparable problem in other post...so...Is it MO or is it something else. Am I missing a step to uninstall/deactivate mods? Anyone know? Can help? Or direct redirect me somewhere?

(Never had that problem with NNM, only with really deep impact mods)

Thanks

Its something else. I use MO religiously and have not experienced a similar issue. Seems extreme strange though...

As a note the proper way to get rid of a mod is to uncheck it in the left pane not just untick the esp.

When I run BOSS.exe through MO, after sorting, it throws "

[Window Title]

D:\Games\BOSS\Skyrim\BOSSlog.html

[Content]

Klasa niezarejestrowana.

(unregistered class in english)

[OK]

The BOSSgui.exe doesn't throw any errors, neither it launches log to the browser.

PS, is there any folder where I could drop mods ( like Bash Installers), so MO would Install them automagically?

PPS, Does MO keeps downloaded archives somewhere? If yes, where?

[Window Title]

[Content]

Klasa niezarejestrowana.

[OK]

The BOSSgui.exe doesn't throw any errors, neither it launches log to the browser.

PS, is there any folder where I could drop mods ( like Bash Installers), so MO would Install them automagically?

EDIT: I've found where, former questions still ... questions ;)

Bump :whistling:

[Window Title]

[Content]

Klasa niezarejestrowana.

[OK]

PPS, Does MO keeps downloaded archives somewhere? If yes, where?

The quote indicates that there is a log created in your D:\Games\BOSS\Skyrim\ folder. Open the BOSSlog.html file and see what it is and if it has any errors logged. If it's clean, I wouldn't worry about it.

As for the folders - you can specify them in options, there are two - downloads and install folders. When you manually drop any archive (7z, rar etc.) into the specified downloads folder, it will appear in the MO's Downloads tab in the left pane. You can then install it by double clicking. You can also install mods from outside of downloads folder by using appropriate button in the right hand pane.

Regardless of installation method MO will create a separate folder for each installed mod in the specified installation folder.