Followers Keep Up (Skyrim Workshop Mod)

sgtnapalm

There is a very tiny, very simple mod on the Steam Workshop that I believe should be included in STEP. It doesn't do anything special, but I believe that the functionality it affords helps to make what I believe to be an essential mod.

Followers Keep Up

This simple mod only changes one thing about followers; as you get further away from them while running, they will run faster to keep up. If they get stuck up a cliff, or behind a door, or fall behind whilst you are on horseback, they will teleport behind you. The net effect of this is that your followers will cease to be left behind, and they will always be by your side, just as they should be. This mod changes nothing else.

Now, I realize that this is not a Nexus mod, and I was unable to find a similar lightweight mod on the Nexus nor on these STEP forums, but the mod is only two files, a .bsa and a .esp, are only 6kb each, it plays nicely with BOSS, and it does not conflict with any mods in your current release of STEP. I have used this mod for easily more than 75 hours of playtime (maybe even 100,) I have used this mod through several saves and characters, and I have used this mod after changing and experimenting with dozens of mods that alter followers, races, factions, and more. I have never seen it break or cause issues once.

The fact that you never have to worry about losing your follower again helps immersion so much that you won't even notice it's there.

Only a matter of time before this or another like is shows up on the Nexus. But I don't think that is a requirement anyway, as long as players can acquire the file independently. I don't understand why this isn't built into the game already ....

I have noticed that my followers will sometimes teleport when they get stuck without "Followers Keep Up." However, they don't teleport if they've simply fallen behind.

I use an older version of the precursor to UFO (TCG) but I'd also like to know if this is compatible.