Wrye Bash 297.2 - Clean Data Bug?

Holymartyr

Question

When I use the "Clean Data" option in Wrye Bash (to make sure I have nothing hanging around that isn't needed, I find that it moves:

• The SKSE 'EnableContainerCategorization=1' fix file (I manually put there so no suprise)
  • The Smart Souls Config file (I guess this is generated by the SKSE plugin)
  • The Skyrim_English.STRINGS file (which Wrye Bash then gives me an error saying that Skyrim.esm is missing its string localization files - no duh)
  • And the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa file (which i'm not sure what it does/if it should be there)
The first 2 files I think should be moved (but after the clean manually replaced to their original locations) since they aren't from an 'Installer', but the second 2 files aren't from a Wrye Bash 'installer', but from the actual Skyrim installation.

TL;DR - Should 'Skyrim_English.STRINGS' and 'ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa' remain where they originally were, or should they be removed/deleted? Would Wrye Bash moving them be considered a bug since Skyrim needs both files (or at least just the .STRINGS file, I have no clue about the .bsa file)?

13 answers to this question

Ha, totally forgot about the EnableContainerCategorization file until this post, thxs for that :P

ArchiveInvaidation.bsa can be removed, I think it was only for oblivion.

As fri mentioned, verify integrity of cache should fix string issue, but I think you need to turn of skyrim unplugged as well? I have had issues if steam needs to download files after verify and SU is active. Could be wrong though, maybe SU is just for patches. Be careful though, it might just sneak in the 1.6 patch as well :)

If you dont want to verify, then you can download the english strings here; https://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2889

You cannot verify integrity of local cache with SU on - I tried this to get the strings file back after uninstalling Better Sorting and couldn't work out why it wouldn't work - see another post on here somewhere - led to uninstalling skyrim and then working out it was SU - I had completely forgotten about it!

Alright thanks guys.

I suppose you can use the WB clean function, you just have to go to the folder that was cleaned out (Its in your WB Installers directory) and make sure there's nothing there that shouldn't be there.

And I just updated my WB from the tarball yesterday TC.

Here would be the update.

I am using 297.1, and it broke skse mods by removing .ini files. It also broke the Interesting NPCs mod, by removing a DialogueViews folder (or maybe its for the CK, cant check atm) from the Data directory. I think it also removed a folder called LSData from the Data directory. Again, cant remember off the top of my head where that came from. But yeah, thankfully i decided to check the Data directory after the clean data option before launching the game and notice it looked, very, very, empty.

The feature is designed to remove all files that are not included with base skyrim or that bash has not installed itself, it is working as intended. (i.e. if you use this after you have manually installed anything or used another mod manager to install anything it will uninstall all those things for you, that is the intended function.)

The Skyrim Strings file was the original and was included with the 'base [of] Skyrim" o.o

That's why i'm asking if it would be considered a bug. I have done nothing to changed and verified that I have the original installation file.

Sorry if this seems as if I'm pestering. Just trying to figure out whats what and seeing if this might help in any way.