[SOLVED] Dual Sheath Redux Patch Fails

joshkes

Question

I am trying to install STEP 2.2.8. I guess I am using the "Extended" version as I am installing all of the mods unless it says one may conflict with others. I am trying to follow the instructions as closely as possible. I have reached the end of section 2.D, at which point is says to run a benchmark. Before running the benchmarck, I ran Boss. After that, I ran the Dual Sheath Redux Patch (DSRP). The instructions for the DSRP say that it must be run to have any effect on the game and it must be run after any change to load order, so I did not run it immediately when installed, opting to wait until I had the other mods installed but before the benchmark.

When I run the DSRP it stops at 25% and says: skyproc.exceptions.MissingMaster: Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp has some missing masters: -Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Please activate and try again.

I checked to make sure that both mods mentioned were installed and activated, (they were) and tried it a second time with the same results.

I then continued with the instructions for Dual Sheath Redux and converted "Overwrite" to a mod and activated it.

I then attemted the benchmark, and it seemed to run just fine, I maintained 60 FPS, however, after I was deposited into the back of the cart to begin my ride to my execution, a message box popped up that said: Dual Sheath Redux Patch Not Detected. Please run the SkyProc patcher and activate the esp file.

I'm not sure what I'm doing (or have done) wrong, or how to fix it.

These are the plugins I have listed in the right-hand side of Mod Organizer (MO):

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

Heartfire.esm

Unofficial Heartfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp

Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm

Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp

Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

Brawl Bugs CE.esp

Unofficial Hight Resolution Patch.esp

Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp

TradeBarter.esp

Dead Body Collision.esp

Dual Sheath Redux.esp

fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp

Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp

Guard Dialogue Ovehaul.esp

SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp (unchecked as it creates a warning that it requires "Bring Out Your Dead" which won't be installed until later)

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp (unchecked as I have not yet made a Bashed Patch)

Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

When I check AppData>Local>Skyrim>loadorder.txt I only find this listed:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Dragonborn.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

I am using MO and BOSS and I have BOSS set to open from inside MO.

9 answers to this question

Thanks a million. You guys are great. I didn't have BOSS Userlist Manager set up completely.

For anyone in the future who runs into this, here's what I did to fix it:

• Open BOSS Userlist Manager from inside Mod Organizer.
  • Enter the appropriate information for all fields for Skyrim. Leave "User Game" blank.
  • Assuming you only plan to use this for Skyrim, use the dropdown box to select any other games you have installed and delete the information that is pre-filled for those games.
  • Save. This should take you to the main user-interface screen.
  • Select "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp" from the bottom right menu. It may look like this: >IF VAR(USKP20) MOD: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp.  I have no idea why. :)
  • Click the "Create Override" icon at the top.
  • Select "Update.esm" from the bottom right list and click the "Copy" button next to where "Update.esm" appears at the top.
  • Click the "Save Rule" button.
  • Repeat for each of the unofficial patches, creating rules to insert them after their respective DLC esp's. Make sure to click "Save Rule" each time.
  • Exit BOSS Userlist Manager and save when prompted.
  • Run BOSS from inside Mod Organizer.
  • Run the Dual Sheath Redux Patch again and it should complete properly.
  • Double click on "Overwrite" at the bottom of your mod list and drag and drop the folder found there to your "DSR Output" mod to combine them.
I don't know if that's a "Best Practices" method or not, but it seemed to work for me. I just moved all of the mods to follow their respective patchees. I have no idea why each of the patchs seems to have an "If" statement for a name. I guess it's so it will check to see if you have the appropriate patchee before it installs the patch. Seems like they could have done that behind the scenes somehow. Oh well.

Thanks again to everyone who helped. You guys really are awesome.

It looks like you did not setup your tools correctly. They should all be run through MO. Looking at your ESPs and ESMs you have not run BOSS as they are not in the proper order. Your load order is not handled by the loadorder.txt in your Skyrim folder. Your load order should look more like this:

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

The file is located in MO/profiles/{your profiile name here}.

Found this under MO/profiles/STEP Core/loadorder.txt

Skyrim.esm

Update.esm

Dawnguard.esm

HearthFires.esm

Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp

Dragonborn.esm

Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm

HighResTexturePack01.esp

HighResTexturePack02.esp

HighResTexturePack03.esp

Brawl Bugs CE.esp

Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp

Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp

TradeBarter.esp

Dead Body Collision.esp

Dual Sheath Redux.esp

fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp

Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp

Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp

SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp

"Thanks a million. You guys are great. I didn't have BOSS Userlist Manager set up completely.

[*]Open BOSS Userlist Manager from inside Mod Organizer.

[*]Enter the appropriate information for all fields for Skyrim. Leave "User Game" blank.

[*]Assuming you only plan to use this for Skyrim, use the dropdown box to select any other games you have installed and delete the information that is pre-filled for those games.

[*]Save. This should take you to the main user-interface screen.

[*]Select "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp" from the bottom right menu. It may look like this: >IF VAR(USKP20) MOD: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp.  I have no idea why. :)

[*]Click the "Create Override" icon at the top.

[*]Select "Update.esm" from the bottom right list and click the "Copy" button next to where "Update.esm" appears at the top.

[*]Click the "Save Rule" button.

[*]Repeat for each of the unofficial patches, creating rules to insert them after their respective DLC esp's. Make sure to click "Save Rule" each time.

[*]Exit BOSS Userlist Manager and save when prompted.

[*]Run BOSS from inside Mod Organizer.

[*]Run the Dual Sheath Redux Patch again and it should complete properly.

[*]Double click on "Overwrite" at the bottom of your mod list and drag and drop the folder found there to your "DSR Output" mod to combine them.

I don't know if that's a "Best Practices" method or not, but it seemed to work for me. I just moved all of the mods to follow their respective patchees. I have no idea why each of the patchs seems to have an "If" statement for a name. I guess it's so it will check to see if you have the appropriate patchee before it installs the patch. Seems like they could have done that behind the scenes somehow. Oh well.

Thanks again to everyone who helped. You guys really are awesome."

Ok I'm having the same problem you are, and you're awesome for listing steps to fix it, but I'm having trouble.  I have the Boss program, and installed the Boss Rules Manager, and I assume that's what you mean by "Userlist Manager".  The problem is, I don't know how or where to enter the appropriate information for all fields for Skyrim.  Also I don't know how or where to select the "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp"...or anything else you said. :o 

Sorry to be such a noob with this.  If I could get #2 and 3, maybe the rest will fall into place.  Help is really appreciated.

Thank you!

Edited by gr4474

Thanks a million. You guys are great. I didn't have BOSS Userlist Manager set up completely.

[*]Open BOSS Userlist Manager from inside Mod Organizer.

[*]Enter the appropriate information for all fields for Skyrim. Leave "User Game" blank.

[*]Assuming you only plan to use this for Skyrim, use the dropdown box to select any other games you have installed and delete the information that is pre-filled for those games.

[*]Save. This should take you to the main user-interface screen.

[*]Select "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp" from the bottom right menu. It may look like this: >IF VAR(USKP20) MOD: Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp.  I have no idea why. :)

[*]Click the "Create Override" icon at the top.

[*]Select "Update.esm" from the bottom right list and click the "Copy" button next to where "Update.esm" appears at the top.

[*]Click the "Save Rule" button.

[*]Repeat for each of the unofficial patches, creating rules to insert them after their respective DLC esp's. Make sure to click "Save Rule" each time.

[*]Exit BOSS Userlist Manager and save when prompted.

[*]Run BOSS from inside Mod Organizer.

[*]Run the Dual Sheath Redux Patch again and it should complete properly.

[*]Double click on "Overwrite" at the bottom of your mod list and drag and drop the folder found there to your "DSR Output" mod to combine them.

Thanks again to everyone who helped. You guys really are awesome.

Forgive me for my noob-ness but what is this "DSR Output" mod you speak of? Also, even though I am getting this message at the start of my game, everything is working fine. 

Edit: Well, my left hand weapons aren't showing up. Other than that, everything else is working. 

Edit(2): Oh. Nevermind. Got it working. But do I need to keep this DSR Output mod checked throughout or only when installing a new patch? 

Edited by MrPorthos