Technicolor ENB Palette by Demidekidasu

Kuldebar

Technicolor ENB Palette by Demidekidasu

Whether this file could actually work ( not clash ) in your current ENB preset...no one can say but you.

I currently am using a modified HRK ENB by hrk1025 and I think it works really well.

The advantage of this palette is in how it gives great detail in low light areas and :

The palette is in it's raw 1024x1024 form, but is perfectly usable at this size, with no measurable drop in performance at all (for me at least). This size also means my super-subtle dithering/colour distortion effect works.

Not sure I'd call one BMP file a mod' date=' but there ya go! :)[/quote']

mod = 'modification'' date=' so yes, it is a 'mod' ;)[/quote']

Everything's a mod. The fluttery wings of the butterfly brings thunderstorms to the far west. Yada yada.

Yes I was looking at this portion of the forum as a discussion of suggestions about ENBs not necessarily the bundles.

ENBpalettes are often far more important to the overall look of a preset than most everything else in the ENB, I often will change out palettes before switching the whole preset when I feel the urge for changing it up.

You can find quite a few of these textures easily if you just search for it. There are quite a few... if you have some basic photoshop/gimp skills.... ie you know how the gradient tool works then you can easily make some yourself.

Can produce quite a bit of funny looking stuff if you want to get creative with colors.

However again only for ENB´s that obviously support that feature... Guess I should contemplate bringing back in support for it eventually.

Remember that movie, Quest for Fire?" I often feel like I am on a similar quest with Skyrim and ENB's...in this case, "Quest for (orange/red) Fire." :)

I recently just started making my own Frankenbstein combinations in order to get fire right. My theory is this:

If fire is tight,

Inside or outside,

Whether day or night,

Then you have it right.

I downloaded:

Photoreal ENB - Performance by Ghost

Adjusted some settings that I don't use (DoF, for example)

Then swapped out the enbpalette, which is fine but I like a little more color spread, so I use the Technicolor ENB Palette by Demidekidasu and voila! I now have real coals, embers, flames and the correct light glow from fire. None of that pale, anemic washed out stuff.

It was frustrating because I had spent a while choosing all my fire texture mods only to have some of the really popular enb's just kill fire (presumably) in order to adjust for other effects. But, in my opinion, if you can't get fire right, not much else matters.

Posted Image

Dungeon fire...

Posted Image

Interior fire...

Posted Image

Exterior fire...

Posted Image

ZOMFG...no fire...wait...lantern!

I know what you mean.... everything I did with skylight was essentially start a fire and then tweak it so it looked like fire.

However if your idea of perfect looking fire is what you have on those screenshots, I can see we have different opinions on how fire should look! In my opinion then the fire on the screenshots is really nice for a high color fantasy theme, but no fire in real life would look that saturated. But at least it would be easy enough to get it too look that like if that is what people prefer.

Guess I will take that into consideration for my fantasy color style for my next update of skylight. Always good with some inspiration.

I know what you mean.... everything I did with skylight was essentially start a fire and then tweak it so it looked like fire.

However if your idea of perfect looking fire is what you have on those screenshots, I can see we have different opinions on how fire should look! In my opinion then the fire on the screenshots is really nice for a high color fantasy theme, but no fire in real life would look that saturated. But at least it would be easy enough to get it too look that like if that is what people prefer.

Guess I will take that into consideration for my fantasy color style for my next update of skylight. Always good with some inspiration.

Well, while I'd never use the word "perfect" to describe my tinkerings, I do prefer an enhanced realism to my fantasy games. And by enhanced, I mean better than reality. Wood/coal fires aren't usually white, pale or dim. They tend to be bright, orange-ish red and the larger they are the more intense...so that's a guiding principle for me.

On top off all this, I don't use lighting mods, but for CoT and the CoT Weather Patch..so that's the canvas I'm working with and probably why I had trouble running Skylight ENB.

But, I truly do think, as you indicated as well, fire balance is a good baseline to start a measure from when building a visual.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Skylight is based on CoT weather patch... so would be weird if that caused any issues.. but that is a story for another time!

The main issue with fire on photographs is that cameras tend not to be really good at capturing it good enough. The lower exposure times only capture the really bright parts, while the will shift the tones of everything else.

Also it depends on what is burning, and how the view angle is etc. As you clearly also show on your images there.

But yeah if fire actually reach the size of builds etc. then it looks radically different compared to how it would look in a BBQ disk!

But guess we are sidetracking with all this stuff since the thread is supposed to be about the palettes! :)

Realistic fire in bright daylight should barely be visible and cast no 'glow' (unless it is a building burning with great depth of flames and smoke). the same fire in fog (or with many particles in the air) should be brighter but yellow and should cast more of a glow. At night, you get glow and more orange colors. Fire at night should be very effective and visible. Interior fires should look pretty consistent in day or night uless there is a lot of window light.

ENB presets often get fire (and lightsprite) wrong in bright light.

Smoke should be very visible in bright daylight, and it should be white (if wood or black if it is fossil-fuel burning). At night, smoke should be dark-ish and much less visible.