POST-STEP guide?

DrVenture

If you just want to add some mods to STEP that aren't part of a pack, just install them normally and let BOSS sort them. Remember that they have to placed before the official STEP patches in the load order most of the time though (The only exceptions are SkyProccer Patches, and stuff like the Reproccer patches for Skyre)

• +1 1

I thought you were only talking about load order.

Well here's a simpler explanation (I hope) :

On the right pane of MO (the one with all the esp/esm files), you want to let BOSS sort it, but put the STEP Patch and Bashed Patch last.

On the left side of MO (the one with all your downloaded mods), you just want to add any mod you downloaded after the last STEP mod on the list, for example on this screenshot you can see that the last things I installed from STEP are The Choice is Yours and the STEP Extended Patch, then starting from --- TESTING MODS ---, I put the mods I wanted to add to my game.

Keep in mind that some mods might conflict with STEP mods though, it's fine for texture mods of course, but some mods have scripts that might overwrite STEP mods, so not everything is compatible.

And just in case you're wondering, "--- TESTING MODS ---" is just an empty folder that I use to separate categories, don't pay attention to it :p

How did you add icons to the top right corner?? Please teach me your MO-fu.

It's a secret, I won't tell p:

Actually, it's simple, just select the program you want an icon for in the regular drop menu (near the run button), then click on the button labeled shortcut (under the run button) and select toolbar.