#1 DoubleYou

DoubleYou

Wiki Stepper

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,467 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:04 AM

POPULAR

[color=#cc6666;][font="'Lucida Sans', 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', sans-serif;"]Your edit has been rejected because your client mangled the punctuation characters in the edit token. The edit has been rejected to prevent corruption of the page text. This sometimes happens when you are using a buggy web-based anonymous proxy service.[/color][/font]

I'm getting the above message when try to edit the wiki. I'm not using a web-based anonymous proxy. I tried connecting to a VPN to see if that would help, and it didn't. I'm guessing it's just a bug leftover from our recent maintenance. Using Google Chrome.

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,933 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

I am confirming this error. I know with the switch there are going to be some bugs to weed out.

#3 EssArrBee

EssArrBee

Incompatibilism Manager

• STEP Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,721 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

Once we get this fixed, I'm pretty much good with the switch. Not sure I'm ever going to use the social features on these forums, but I like the layout a lot.

#4 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

Reported this earlier in the new forum thread but yep, confirmed here. Cannot edit.

#5 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,249 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

This is probably related to an internal directory move of the wiki. We did this to resolve ongoing permissions issues relating to file uploads and other admin stuff, but something must not be configured correctly. We'll fix ASAP.

It is also likely related to the custom AuthIPB plugin that s4n wrote to get auth via forums membership as we did with MyBB.

#6 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Administrators
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

I replied in the announcement thread. It has nothing to do with directory move. Enabling php errors, I'm seeing messages related to IPB indexes not being found, so something about using their API for the authentication plugin is interfering. Just haven't nailed down a fix yet. Reverted to MyBB auth for the time being so everyone can edit. This will only be viable for accounts that existed before the switch to IPB for the time being, so shouldn't be an issue for the time being.

#7 Neovalen

Neovalen

Talos

• Mod Authors
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

Working for now :) I was able to edit SR:LE.

#8 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Administrators
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

IPB Authentication has been fixed and re-enabled.

#9 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,933 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:57 PM

Confirmed that it's working now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resolved

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users