Radiant and Unique Potions and Poison HD (by XRC)

mightyusaid

You should see something like this for the potions and poisons:

tln29ZDuav8F2sQpJVqTAUZsX8j63S0T

Yep , have the plain white ones , so its working then , Don't like the white ones ,looks so out of place in the inventory with the detailed colours

thanks

Edited by sutex

• 3 months later...

Have you been aware of this?

I yet have to decide whether or not I will use this mod.

Though recommended by STEP, this plug-in not only doesn't incorporate fixes from the unofficial patch (as mentioned above/below), it also alters the values of most potions, cutting many down to only half the original value, while doubling the value of others.

I haven't yet taken a look into the meshes. (I'd use the non-glowing version.)

UPDATE

I've taken a look. The texture paths in at least one mesh are "hardcoded", using the complete file path, including drive (not C:\), program files, etc.

UPDATE 2

There are a total of 181 meshes in the complete non-glowing package, from which 178 have at least one such hardcoded texture path.

So if your game path isn't accidentally D:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\common\Skyrim\ (not only the drive is different from the default location, also the first directory is written without a blank), you will not see the desired effect.

In addition there's one identical to master entry in the plug-in, and besides the many missing changes from USLEEP and the added changes regarding the values, there's a conflict with Clothing & Clutter Fixes, which changes the weight of Jessica's Wine from 0.5 to 1.0.

Source: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/702257-radiant-and-unique-potions-and-poisons-hd/page-38&do=findComment&comment=36460450

I don't think, in its current state this mod is worth of being a STEP mode… :;):

I have corrected the errors in my version, but haven't contacted the author, yet, to ask about permission. I also have only changed the recommended version. And I haven't looked for other errors, such as using wrong textures.

STEP would need to get the author's permission in order to fix the texture paths, since this will require modifying and uploading the mod's meshes, or else STEP could create a texture sets for each potion and change them that way via a patch plugin.  Either way, it sounds like a headache to fix.

The fix… I have done. At least for the STEP recommended file. Could provide the files.

The permission… Probably better, you ask for this, than an unknown, little modder.

The author was last online some months ago. Don't know, if he has notification active for posts on his files.

Permission is required.

Okay, I'm not going to look further into detail of this…

A few STEPs further below comes another mod, RUSTIC POTIONS and POISONS â€“ which will overwrite 8 textures from the topic's mod.

I don't check, which exact texture paths have been set to custom, but I think this last mod is nearly redundant, because the topic's mod changes many, if not all paths.

In addition I don't know the effects of combining these two mods' textures.

Perhaps an oversight in the composition of mods for STEP? And the order of these two is alphabetical, so I don't think they are ordered by priority…

That mod used to be in STEP and was recently dropped in favor of Gamwich's RUSTIC POTIONS and POISONS. It's only "required" if you wanted the nicer corks, which Gamwich provides so no problems there.

CACO changes the model for some of the potions and adjusts their effects/values, as well. It needs a major patch to work with Radiant Potions which someone has provided, but I'd rather simply drop the mod because of all the issues with it. STEP is about refinement, not fixing other author's mods. :^_^:

• 1 year later...

I agree with dropping this mod from STEP.

RUSTIC POTIONS and POISONS already provides potion and poison textures, and it is compatible with (and used by) CACO.

This mod is not compatible with CACO, unless you create a patch, and even then it would not look consistent with CACO.