ISO date and 24h clock missing

SSL

Question

There's one more thing somewhat related to date and time.

Not sure about others, but I absolutely despise the retarded "today/yesterday/two weeks ago" instead of proper exact date. It sneakily became de facto a standard on majority of forums over the past years, but I just can't get over it. In my opinion, it sucks ass. I want to know exactly when, not a vague "about half a year ago".

If this could be customized, I would be really, really grateful.

Edited by Octopuss
  • +1 1

@Octopuss: I'd like it that way too, but luckily at least you can mouseover on date and receive post time in all standard goodness, eg. your last post: 2014-03-01T11:43:16+00:00

I would really want to keep the 12 hour time format for myself (because that's generally what I'm used to), but allowing you to switch at the user level would be grand.

That's exactly what I meant - let the users configure it the way they are used to.

Americans hate the 24-hour clock and 'backwards' date formats. They just aren't used to it unless they were in the military.

I couldn't care less either way, but we will have a lot more complaints if we change it I think.

I put this question in to the IPS community staff. Still waiting for a proper answer.