FNV Guide - Info and Feedback

EssArrBee

Thanks, got it. Looks interesting, but I'll have to try it with Diablotherium ENB and see how it looks.

Regarding 4gb loader, consider using the 1.9 version by Monochromewench, Hendricks266 & Roy Batty. With this installed you can copy your d3d9.dll from ENB/enboost to the FalloutNewVegasexe directory and bob's your uncle, LAA with enb from the 4gb launcher. Obviously install NVSE 4.2 beta 3 for total memory solution.

Finally, I found a terrain retexture for your review; NV-Terrain Recreational Project HD by Zarcuz (btw how do I cut&paste into this forum, I can't for the life of me drop a link in here).

You can copy paste urls and they auto shorten.

URWLNV is built for enb compatibility but you need to follow the readme since some tweaking is required.

I'll look into the 4gb loader and the terrain textures. Thanks for that.

Um, I can't paste, anything into this forum. Confused by this.

Was reading URWLNV comments, not sure how its going to play with my currently installed enb preset, I will check out the readme re- tweaking.

I mention the 4gb loader procedure because I had quite a tour of the forums seeking a solution to crash on launch with the various memory tools installed. I was surprised at how simple the actual solution was, and that it wasn't stickied at top of the relevant mod page.

On terrain, you have NMC over PocoBueno and if I understand correctly are looking to place a better terrain retexture over NMC? I'm playing with my textures in Wrye BAIN right now and thinking about order, and possibly OjoBueno instead of Poco since memory patch 3.0 is in play.  

Its too bad it isn't easier to find retextures on Nexus, I stumbled into this looking for Project Brazil (wanted to read its description again after seeing it referenced in URWLNV's comments).

Edited by redirishlord

Interesting. How does that differ from the existing 4gb loader on the Nexus?

As it stands right now I just click that 4 gb shortcut and I've got that, NVSE and enb launching correctly. The effort involved was simply copying the various files to their relevant directories, with the exception of not knowing to copy d3d9.dll to the exe directory until I found that advice lurking in a corner of the forum.

I'm seriously wondering if it's worth the effort to use the 4GB loader when I can also just apply the NTCore 4GB/LAA patch to the Fallout NV executable.

I'd rather just use the one linked to from the NVSE page. That seems like the easiest thing for users to handle. I think I used to use the NTCore solution.

Currently the solution for using ENBoost only seems to be using the Injector version. That even works for Window 8, when you add the 4gb loader exe to the list in the injector.ini.

Interesting. How does that differ from the existing 4gb loader on the Nexus?

As it stands right now I just click that 4 gb shortcut and I've got that, NVSE and enb launching correctly. The effort involved was simply copying the various files to their relevant directories, with the exception of not knowing to copy d3d9.dll to the exe directory until I found that advice lurking in a corner of the forum.

I'm wondering if that solution will work for Windows 8 users. I know that the Injector version is a solution. Do you use windows 8?

I use Windows 8.1  (and its not My solution, just something helpful I found in the forums, I'm sorry I don't remember who to attribute it to). 

I believe the 4gb loader creates the exe directory to launch from and with the enb d3d9.dll everything seems to play nice from the 4gb loader shortcut. Re- WilliamImm's suggestion, I'm not resistant to change, however just need to know why I'm tweaking my currently working process ;-)

Edited by redirishlord

You might also consider HD Glass Impact Decals & HD Fire and Explosions; small, no conflicts with your list, no esp files. Looking forward to seeing these and others textures in game so I can give you an opinion of how they look. I've re-jiggered my textures; NMC, Ojo Bueno, NV-Recreational Project to get a look at them in game (quick re-order & anneal in BAIN).

I found the Sortomatic mod especially useful in the playthrough I've been doing; I wish there were an equivalent in Skyrim that could easily applied to the player houses (Alchemy Ingredient Storage does part of this but only for alchemical ingredients). Sortomatic does inventory sorting so you can easily store and retrieve what you want. You also need player houses that use this it; one of the mods I use that adds this is Sortomatic Faction Safehouses.

You might like the New Vegas Interiors mods that add some additional content to buildings.

• +1 1

I added Sortomatic for Afterschool Special & New Bison Steve Hotel, I also have NV Interiors installed. Looking forward to seeing/playing with them, just have to get my build sorted ;-)

Re- sortomatic for Skyrim, if you haven't already check out Saerileth's Druid's Den Collectors Edition. Not the same thing, but very interesting in it's own right, it's a player home built with the ancient Nord tileset above Valtheim Towers. No freebies, lots of features, well done.

Sorry, Thanks for the advice, appreciated :-)

Edited by redirishlord

Just curious, what is the difference between Poco Buenos textures and Ojo Buenos textures? I have heard that the later is better quality. I see that you used the POCO Buenos textures with NMCs textures in the guide. Why not use Ojo Buenos instead of Poco?

Just curious, what is the difference between Poco Buenos textures and Ojo Buenos textures? I have heard that the later is better quality. I see that you used the POCO Buenos textures with NMCs textures in the guide. Why not use Ojo Buenos instead of Poco?

I don't want to use 4k textures that is overkill unless you have 4gb of VRAM. I won't be recommending NMCs large pack either for the same reason. Stick to a mix of 2k and 1k textures will make your game stable.

They are done by the same author. The Ojo Bueno series of textures are higher resolution and use more VRAM. I also use the higher resolution versions of the NMC textures. I use these with my 2Gb VRAM card and I don't have any problems with them. In general I use textures in FNV up to 2Kx2K versions; whenever there are 4Kx4K textures and no corresponding 2Kx2K versions I use DDSopt to reduce the resolution.

Those using this guide might also find the DarNified Traits menu useful; it changes the traits menu to use DarNs UI.

For what its worth, I'm using the medium NMC overwritten by the HQ version Ojo Bueno (I'm assuming Poco = light/1k, Ojo HQ = medium/2k and Ojo UHQ = ultra/4k?) and its playing nice with my 2k GPU.

I moved to a full 2k texture set (from 1k/2k mixed) with my Skyrim build once the memory patch 3.0 became available, and that has been running smooth with an enb as well.

NMCs Large has a mix of 4k/2k/1k and the Medium has 2k/1k/512. Neil also optimizes his textures, I ran them through DDSopt once and it didn't even correct any mip levels. The problem I have is that I like Neil's stuff in some places and I like tapioks' stuff in some places, but I just haven't gone back into screenshot mode yet. Not enough hours in the day.

At least I found out that the menu in Nevada Skies was just not working for me at first, but it does now for some reason. The frequency of storms can be adjusted so there isn't a rain storm in the desert ever other day. I think I'm going to stick with it until I have time to go through EVE, companions and quests.

Also, think that Fear and Loathing in New Vegas would be a good name since I want this guide to have graphics in places and there are lots of those Ralph Steadman drawings around, plus lots of VaultBoy icons too. I'll try out some different things as I go.

Added Weather and Lighting section and WMX today and updated OP a bit.