TES5Edit - Which record types DON'T need conflict patches

keithinhanoi

Making a custom patch at the moment for my LO and trying to learn more - doing research about things I'm unfamiliar with for the first time, rather than just trying to 'feel' it out as I have in the past.

Anyway, coming across a lot of these XLRL - Location Reference records.  My 'feel' is that they should be forwarded as they tend to come up in mods like USLEEP, CRF, etc. and some of the CRF ones have a CRF prefix which suggests that its related to something added by the mod?  

As I said though not just trusting my intuition and found this?  Which seems to suggest that they should not only not be forwarded but are actually a wild edit caused by the CK?

Just keep in mind that some Location References will be used by quests or called within scripts. Therefore, going through and removing them as if they're not needed will likely break something somewhere. As Arthmoor was saying in that discussing, they're only "bogus" if that's the only thing being changed by the mod. If the mod has quests or scripts, I would definitely leave them be and forward them.

For example, I know Jaggarsfeld (my player home) has some of these records on objects. This happened when I gave the worldspace/cell a location name. The CK placed this record on several objects in the process for whatever reason. Those placed on these objects can be safely removed because I'm not using it for the quest or in any of the scripts. However, the location for the worldspace/cell need to remain because there are plans to use it and the edit was intentional.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30086?tab=posts&BH=0

great thread w/ lotsa invaluable info. thank you! i use that mod above and it changes DLC1HunterHQWorld "Dayspring Canyon" [WRLD:03001DB8]in the Location NAM0 and NAM9 a great deal. they should be -5 n 5. they are -27 n 53.

i've corrected a few other areas where mods had changed them, and all has been fine. no areas out of bounds or crashes ect. but i'm wary of correcting this since the mod places quite a few things up a path to Dawnguard Daysprings. i'm guessing that's why the larger NAM. so i'm wary to change them back to original. will that make objects disappear or the like?

• 3 years later...