Gemling Queen Dragon Claws (by Saerileth)

Noobsayer

Thanks! If by knowing the subject you mean gemstones, well I make jewelry as a hobby so I've seen a few (though no diamonds, those are above my payroll). I love pretty gems, they're a passion of mine. :)

Edited by Saerileth

@rootsrat: Actually I've been reading along for quite a while. Thanks everyone for the kind words, I really appreciate the feedback. :)

Hello and welcome to the forums, good to have another mod author on board!  ::):

If you send a message to z929669 on Nexus to confirm your identity (sorry, it's a standard procedure), you'll get a nice Mod Author's badge here on STEP.

Make yourself at home  :thumbsup:

New transparent refracting ones are GORGEOUS in v 3.0. I had preferred solid before but these really need to be experienced in-game to get the full awesomeness. Still, here's a couple of screenies w/ a darker (therefore not even ideal for viewing) ENB.

There are diamond in extreme closeup and glass (which is teal rather than the original amber, but more like glass armor)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Noobsayer

... Can I vote we move this to testing?

They blow vanilla out of the water and while Improved Gemstone Claws were an improvement over vanilla too, they don't come close to touching the quality here. Vanilla dragon claws are kinda fugly to be such an important item plotwise.

Compares

Vanilla > Improved Gemstone Claws > Gemling Queen

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Noobsayer

OK, all compares done inside the inn at Windhelm, ENB toggled off. Arrangement differs slightly simply because they fell off the table between reloads. Worth noting the beige glass in vanilla/Improved is teal in Gemling, to match glass armor.

VANILLA

Posted Image Posted Image

IMPROVED GEMSTONE CLAWS

Posted Image Posted Image

GEMLING QUEEN TRANSPARENT

(note, solid and transparent look very similar; the transparency is subtle so to see the difference you really need to shift them around in-game)

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Noobsayer

To prevent items from havoking between loads, I set up my testing arrangements in the CK and tag them as "don't havok settle". Then I only need to make sure not to touch anything ingame and I get nice, identical shots. I'll do a before/after comparison for the latest version, had some for the initial release but was too lazy to keep them up to date.

Edited by Saerileth

Inventory will not show the refraction effect. Just the way the engine works, nothing I can do about that... I don't particularly mind though, it showcases my textures for a change. Their detail gets lost a bit with transparency and refraction.